I'm looking at buying a Scott Addict

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dim

by dim

Hi Guys ....

I'm seriously looking at buying a good used Scott Addict ... I will use this as my daily commuter (over 200Km/week) plus I will use it for long Audax rides. I will add a lightweight dynamo hub, dynamo lights, Crud (or similar clip on mudguards), Apidura bags, and light aero tubeless ready rims

I have a Giant TCR composite 2 which I use as my 'fast bike' and have HED Belgium Plus rims with Chris King R45 hubs (the ceramic upgrade) ....

what I need to know, is what are the differnces between the Scott Addict models.

Currently, I'm using a 1980's Koga Miyata full pro (steel frame) as my daily commuter .... have used it for a while now, but I want something faster and lighter and that is good in headwind and hills
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djel

by djel

Not sure about all generations but I have a 2014 and it goes like this:
- regular carbon frame: Addict 10, 20 & 30
- lighter frame: Addict Premium or Team issue

I have an Addict 20 and it came pretty light with a full Ultegra groupset but heavy-ish wheels.

I love mine...sitting at 6.8kg with full DA groupset and lighter carbon clinchers.

TonyM

by TonyM

From my experience with the premium Scott models they are incredibly efficient! Really a good compromise between stiffness and comfort.
In my opinion the premium Scott are expensive but really worth the money.
I would go for the premium frame and some Ultegra on it. For the wheels I would take some mid or low profile together with good hubs. Fulcrum Racing Zero for example.