Campagnolo Movement......Thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rajMAN

by rajMAN

stormur wrote:Campagnolo clothes were VERY fine. I'm glad they're back.

And wo says that's all from Campa ? I think something much "bigger" than that is coming from Vicenza .

I thought the clothing announcement was something of a (welcome) sideshow. Am still expecting "movement" to be something else. Hopefully :D

c60rider

by c60rider

Surely not just clothing, Campagnolo is all about components first and foremost but then they've not really given out teasers on groups/components in the past, we've seen them being tested on pro bikes first, so maybe the clothing is what it's all about. How disappointing :shock: :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

If only clothing that will be a big disappointment and for sure next time nobody will take notice of a twitter message from Campa anymore

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

Campagnolo disc groupsets have only just started rolling out to OEMs and distributors, they're a while off having any new groupsets on the way.

sethjs

by sethjs

Anyone else noticed stock of Record & Super Record rear derailleurs almost non existent at Ribble, Evans, etc? Could be they all sold out from holiday specials. Could be something new coming.

avispa

by avispa

Pajjy wrote:All that hype for some clothes.
No kidding! Geez Campy...

Jitensha

by Jitensha

I am glad Campagnolo announced the clothing line and quickly ended the vague campaign because it caused consumers to dealy their purchase of components and complete bikes during the holiday shopping season which bicycle dealers depend on.
Last edited by Jitensha on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TonyM

by TonyM

Is the Twitter/ Facebook campaign finished? what is their latest "statement"?

Jitensha

by Jitensha

TonyM wrote:Is the Twitter/ Facebook campaign finished? what is their latest "statement"?

Yes its finished and the Movement pages on their website now redirect to their new clothing line:
https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/store/e_store

TonyM

by TonyM

Jitensha wrote:
TonyM wrote:Is the Twitter/ Facebook campaign finished? what is their latest "statement"?

Yes its finished and the Movement pages on their website now redirect to their new clothing line:
https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/store/e_store

WOW all THIS for THAT! :noidea: :noidea:

REALLY disappointing Campy!! :( :(

AJS914

by AJS914

Lame!

havana

by havana

raisinberry777 wrote:Campagnolo disc groupsets have only just started rolling out to OEMs and distributors, they're a while off having any new groupsets on the way.

Campy doesn't have OEM's anymore. :cry:
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

mattr

by mattr

havana wrote:Campy doesn't have OEM's anymore. :cry:
They have a handful, but very few shops stock the campag models, it's far easier to sell Shimano and SRAM equipped bikes to the vast majority of customers. Except in italy, maybe.

Mate of mine in the UK used to work for an importer of a Campag OEM brand. Most of the campag bikes they used to buy (over 90%) got put out on clearance and then, if they didn't sell, got stripped and sold off as frames/wheels/parts.
They pretty much only get the campag equipped ones to order now, direct from the factory.
It's pretty much the same here in Scandinavia.

micky

by micky

Mate, it's more easy to sell a Shimano/Sram bike than Campagnolo in Italy too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Yeah, i suspected that might be the case. But that's the only country i could think of where it might not have been!