S-Works 7 road shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Visus wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am
On one of my shoes the Boa dials are a bit loose so the make a climping noise while walking. Feels a bit like you're wearing those cowboy boots :lol: On the other one no such thing.
Does anybody have a solution for this (besides exchanging the Boas)?
I love my SW7 shoes but my right one has started making this same noise from the lower boa. Annoying, but don't hear it when I'm on the bike. What I do hear, again from right shoe only is a weird creaky click sound when putting more power down. If just light spinning there is zero noise. Tried just about everything, small bit of lube at cleat pdal interface, carbon paste between cleat (time iclic) and sole, greased cleat bolt threads and ensured theyre torqued correctly, sprayed silicone in and around the cleat bolt holes and put vaseline on the upper at the interfaces of the tongue! Noise is still blood there!! I do wonder if it could be the same noisy boa....

Its definitely not coming from the pedal as the shoe does this on both my bikes and I've ruled out pedal threads being a cause. I like a nice quiet bike and this is driving me nuts! Anyone have any other suggestion?

kode54

by kode54

justonwo wrote:
ryanw wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 pm
I have 7s and Vents.

Had the 7s since launch and like them (now my turbo shoes), and got the Vents a week ago.

Vents performing lovely in the heat and very stiff (can't tell the difference).

Wore on a wet ride yesterday and the fabric / cotton material has stained so they look grubby already.

The material also bunches a bit on the outside (above little toe / side of foot area.
I asked Specialized about the fit of the Vents and they emailed that the fit of the Vents and 7 is the same. Is that true? They also said the Vents should really be treated as "race day" shoes and that the uppers are much more fragile than the 7. Interesting . . .
I have a pair of Vents and used on hot days. Didn’t know they were race day shoes LOL. I’m replacing a pair of regular S-Works 7. The fit is the same but the shoe overall is more comfy. Different material used around the ankle and heel cup areas. Perforated insoles. Seems lighter. The outer material is similar to the more expensive EXOS but with mesh vents.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bosco2814

by bosco2814

Delete
Attachments
S-works 6, there are some cutting line
S-works 6, there are some cutting line
S-works 7, it is not same as s-works 6
S-works 7, it is not same as s-works 6
It can be 180 rotated to get 5mm rewards
It can be 180 rotated to get 5mm rewards
Last edited by bosco2814 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

bosco2814

by bosco2814

bosco2814 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:17 am
I just bought a pair of s-works 7 to replace my s-works 6.
However, I have no idea how to rotate the t-nuts on the s-works 7, the inside is no same as s-works 6. I did that on my s-works 6 to get the 5mm rewards.

Here are the pictures of the inside of s-works 6 and 7.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

g32ecs wrote:
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 am
Black shoes just sell the best. Don't the current model SW7 come in wide in white?
Hell would freeze. The bike industry will die if they made some WIDE WHITE SHOES I swear.
There’s always Bont Vaypor-S, wide and double wide available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ronin416 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

g32ecs wrote:
Unniti wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:03 am
g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 am
Hows the fit if the regular width?

I have wide feet but I hate BLACK SHOES. I dont know what's with Shimano Lake and Specialized thinking people with Wide feet LOVE BLACK SHOES (?)

Hoping the regular width has a roomy toe box and just stretches overtime. There's a deal Im closely watching right now Im losing sleep over it.
g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 am
Black shoes just sell the best. Don't the current model SW7 come in wide in white?
Hell would freeze. The bike industry will die if they made some WIDE WHITE SHOES I swear.
Bont?
Avoiding Bonts. They're amazing for crits, but godamnit my feet were crying after. They're ultra stiff, it's some BDSM masochist shit I swear.

Im gonna end my rant here Image. Woosah.
Try a cycling specific insole in your shoe if you don’t have one at the moment. That may help.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

bosco2814 wrote:
bosco2814 wrote:
However, I have no idea how to rotate the t-nuts on the s-works 7, the inside is no same as s-works 6. I did that on my s-works 6 to get the 5mm rewards.

It’s next to impossible to dislodge the excess glue holding the nuts inside the sole. Even pushing super hard with the cleat a little loose doesn’t help much.

Fix - I used an Allen key and pressed down slightly, don’t over do it and push right through the inside of your sole. That will help break the glue fixing the nut in place and provide you the adjust to slam the cleats back. See my posted story @smoothpedlar “S-Works 7 Fix”

I just did these on my Vents. Not too impressed with the shoe. Looser fit up top due to the mesh, don’t really feel the air coming through But they look cool!

bosco2814

by bosco2814

Ronin416 wrote:
bosco2814 wrote:
bosco2814 wrote:

It’s next to impossible to dislodge the excess glue holding the nuts inside the sole. Even pushing super hard with the cleat a little loose doesn’t help much.

Fix - I used an Allen key and pressed down slightly, don’t over do it and push right through the inside of your sole. That will help break the glue fixing the nut in place and provide you the adjust to slam the cleats back. See my posted story @smoothpedlar “S-Works 7 Fix”

I just did these on my Vents. Not too impressed with the shoe. Looser fit up top due to the mesh, don’t really feel the air coming through But they look cool!

Thanks for the reply.
My LBS told me to use a medical scalpel to make a cut line, though I used a utility knife to cut it.
And yes, I used a Allen key to push from the outside to break the glue. It took me for a long time.
S-works 6 is a lot easier. Specialized should copy Shimano rc901 nuts design.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Any news on sworks 8?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

MRM

by MRM

I wouldn't expect it in 2020.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

ajcav86 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm
Any news on sworks 8?
Mid 2021. Specialized does 3 years for shoes.
Expect some cool stuff with exos soon though.

allenpg

by allenpg

ajcav86 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm
Any news on sworks 8?
I was looking at the getting the S-Works 7 and was told by my shop to wait because the 8 was going to be out really soon.

kode54

by kode54

Nothing wrong with the 7.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

kode54 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:34 pm
Nothing wrong with the 7.
I'm sure not but will kick myself if a new one comes out the next week 🤦‍♂️
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I also have a set of recons (sworks) and find where the Velcro strap is is a bit too much material.. I have narrow feet
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com