S-Works 7 road shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otoman

by otoman

interesting how they found no difference in weight whereas Cyclingtips found a somewhat substantial increase....
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

commendatore

by commendatore

I’m actually happy with the six, except for the width (and I’m already in the wide). If these are actually wider I hope to see some measurements.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emcardle

by emcardle

Anyone heard anything about an an S works sub 7?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

emcardle wrote:Anyone heard anything about an an S works sub 7?
I'd say it will be a month or 2 if it happens

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

I got some 7’s on Tuesday. They’re 15g heavier than the 6’s per shoe for a size 43.

Def easier to get on and off. The padded tongue is a nice touch. Slightly roomier in the toe box and the overall shoe material feels softer and more pliable.

The BOA S3’s are a thing of beauty. They feel incredibly precise and like they’ll survive a nuclear blast. LOVE them.

maxo2

by maxo2

Yes the 7’s are the better shoe.

dcorn

by dcorn

guyc wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm
I got some 7’s on Tuesday. They’re 15g heavier than the 6’s per shoe for a size 43.

Def easier to get on and off. The padded tongue is a nice touch. Slightly roomier in the toe box and the overall shoe material feels softer and more pliable.

The BOA S3’s are a thing of beauty. They feel incredibly precise and like they’ll survive a nuclear blast. LOVE them.
I just got a pair of 6's and if you take the boa cables out of the guides, the shoe completely opens up and is very easy to get on and off. I saw that recommendation on a review for the 7's, but it works the same way on the 6.

guyc

by guyc

I’ve got the 6’s as well and that’s true. But the material on the Padlock is different and def easier. You don’t need to relive the guides now.

Not a huge deal admittedly.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

guyc wrote:

Can you put BOA S3s on SL6 shoes? I like the shoes but S2-S BOA dials are not very reliable.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

guyc

by guyc

No. It’s a totally different base and fitting. I initially wondered the same myself.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

280g in a size 46.

Best shoes I’ve ever owned.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

da123

by da123

Some weight comparisons. Single shoe, all with the same Time iclic cleat and the same insole. The Bont and Giro are size 45, the Specialized 44.5:

S works 7 : 304
Bont Vaypor S : 306
S works sub 6 : 258
Giro Empire SLX : 260

freehub

by freehub

Has anybody owned both the new S-works 7 road shoes compared to the lower end carbon Expert Spesh road shoes with Velcro tow strap and single Boa closure dial? Do you find the S-works shoes more comfortable or better tunable in fit with two Boa dials?
Any other features warranting the higher price S-works shoes?...presumably S-works shoes maybe a bit lighter due to choice of materials...though maybe modest because the Expert level does have carbon soles. I will say I am very pleased with the 2017 Expert shoes with single Boa. Only issue for me was the tow box was tight on my left foot which is fractionally longer than my right...and I used a rigid shoe tree with a protrusion/bump taped to the top/tow area to stretch the shoe locally between rides. This works for those that may have the same issue and need a bit more room aka height or width in the toe box which is a bit narrow with these shoes...the Expert model at least. I didn't want to size up....I wear sz 45...because would be too roomy for my right foot in particular which is about 1/2 size shorter than my left foot..

Thank you

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Anyone has news on the sub6 replacement? Looks like it’s been discountinued and discounted on most online stores, but nothing on it’s new version yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghost234

by Ghost234

guyc wrote:
That is really good to know. I've replaced my Boa twice and another one is starting to go again. I was thinking of getting a new pair of shoes, and this may just be them. Arrival date for my shop is late march.