S-Works 7 road shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

I just wear dark shoes in shitty weather. And white ones when it's nice and dry.

kode54

by kode54

Ronin416 wrote:
ome rodriguez wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:50 am
If s-works 8 comes out in a couple of months, it will kill sales of s-works 7 vent shoes.
I have the Vents and I would recommend the previous S-Works 7 for more of a secure fit. The softer fabric of the mesh requires much more tightening of the BOA's and the fabric ends up pinching.
Although the Vents feel more comfortable to me especially with the cooler fabrics area around the ankles and heel cups.

But you’re right about the tightening. I’m thinking maybe go down a half size?Dyneema material is flimsy and closely resembles the EXOS shoes. If you’re concerned about looks, the Vent looks wrinkled and less shapely in comparison to the 7s.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Mine has never see rain and are grey just from dust off the road and the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akaspin

by akaspin

I'm looking for shoes with wide toebox. The S-Works 7 is one of options. I have flat 280x102 mm feet. Oriental shape - big toe is longest. Which size will fit? According the charts my size is 45. But toebox is rounded. Is it good idea to order size 45.5 (or 46)? Do I need the wide version?

Maybe there is someone with similar feet. Unfortunately I found one store in Berlin. No fitting equipment, no wide versions, lack of half-sizes.

jlok

by jlok

Bont shoes should fit when big toe is the longest.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

okimy

by okimy

Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?

akaspin

by akaspin

jlok wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:33 am
Bont shoes should fit when big toe is the longest.
Unfortunately heel lift on Bonts is too high for me. I tried Bont Vaypor S and feel like I'm staing on pipe.

akaspin

by akaspin

okimy wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am
Quick question about the wide variant of these shoes: Are the shoes wider (as in the soles) or is the upper just bigger, like Shimano wide shoes?
How long will manufacturers consider normal measurements a state secret? Has isolation during a pandemic taught them nothing?

alanyu

by alanyu

okimy wrote:
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.

akaspin

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm
okimy wrote:
Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet. However, I can't understand how you feel heel lifts of bont too high. Bont heel lifts are quite flat, compared to other shoes.
Unfortunately not enough. My left foot is completelly flat and shallow under load.

alanyu

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm
alanyu wrote:
okimy wrote:
Unfortunately not enough. My left foot is completelly flat and shallow under load.
Then ask bont for an Asian fit size, which has a flat sole and 2mm wider at the toebox than standard size.

akaspin

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:07 pm
akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm
alanyu wrote:
okimy wrote:
Then ask bont for an Asian fit size, which has a flat sole and 2mm wider at the toebox than standard size.
Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".

alanyu

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Also tried. "Stay on pipe" even of bike, too roomy and my feet playing in the shoe vertically. I tried all options with Bont. Not compatible with my flipper feet. Crossed out. Period. Sad but true. This is the reason why I asking in topic named "S-Works 7 road shoes?".
Maybe it's better to get a pair of thermal customed insoles, or customed shoes...

akaspin

by akaspin

alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:55 pm
akaspin wrote:

Maybe it's better to get a pair of thermal customed insoles, or customed shoes...
Custom shoes is one of options. More expensive and longer. Of course custom insoles is a must.
Please! I post specific question about specific shoes in specific topic. There no reason to pollute topic with your opinions.

alanyu

by alanyu

akaspin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:27 pm
alanyu wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:55 pm
akaspin wrote:

Custom shoes is one of options. More expensive and longer. Of course custom insoles is a must.
Please! I post specific question about specific shoes in specific topic. There no reason to pollute topic with your opinions.
My opinion? I was telling u the fact and I have told u at the very beginning about SW 7.
alanyu wrote:

Wider soles, but they will never fit oriental feet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com