S-Works 7 road shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

The sizing is a bit different. I may try another pair 1/2 size down. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the 7 shoes over the 6. I wore them on 6 rides so far and seems to have broken in. No issues with fit with the exception that the toe box may be a bit roomier. I'm thinking that the 1/2 size down may solve that issue.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

dcorn

by dcorn

I thought the toe box in the 6 was huge, can't imagine it being bigger haha.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Any idea when new sizes will be available on the Spesh website? Seems like 7s are all sold out.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

surfinguru

by surfinguru

I've been wearing the 6's for the past two years. I had to size up from my normal 44.5 to 45 to get enough room in the toe box which was a bit of a compromise. Just picked up a pair of 7's and went back down to a 44.5. Much nicer fit in the toe box now....
2014 Tarmac Pro -eTap Red

kode54

by kode54

could be the increase of a half size upwards that makes it feel roomier.
dcorn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
I thought the toe box in the 6 was huge, can't imagine it being bigger haha.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

you have to check back often. its been sold out almost everytime i checked. then, one day, i looked and they had my size.

not sure how they stock the shoes. seems random with no noitce of when they are available.
DCcyclist wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm
Any idea when new sizes will be available on the Spesh website? Seems like 7s are all sold out.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Hello i had my S-Works 7 for 300Km and the left foot got unglued under the hill, so i am wainting for a solution i was impressed of the "fiit" Really comfortable and eficient went from a 44 S6 to a 44.5 S7 and it is beautiful like sleepers.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Question - Does the ankle padding break in?
Just got a set of Torch 3.0 44s I'm deciding on after trying a set of 44.5. The 44s are the right fit, but the upper Boas need full extension and the ankle padding puts pressure on my inner ankle "malleolus" bone things. Seems like it is sitting in the right spot, but it just puts too much pressure on a soft spot. I didn't notice this before on any other 44s I've tried on in the store.

IchDien

by IchDien

Can anyone advise on sizing on these?

I'm a 44 in Giro / SIDI shoes.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

jfranci3 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 pm
Just got a set of Torch 3.0 44s I'm deciding on after trying a set of 44.5. The 44s are the right fit, but the upper Boas need full extension and the ankle padding puts pressure on my inner ankle "malleolus" bone things. Seems like it is sitting in the right spot, but it just puts too much pressure on a soft spot. I didn't notice this before on any other 44s I've tried on in the store.
The answer is maybe. The S7 is deep and the collar is very rigid. Depending on the shape of one's foot you can end up with uncomfortable contact on the lateral malleolus (the "ankle bone" thing that sticks out). For all of my SWorks shoes 6, 7, etc., I spend a fair bit of time working the collar in the ankle area with my hands to try and break it down and soften it. This can make the difference between being able to wear the shoe or not. Unfortunately this won't be enough for some feet. In these case the solution is some sort insole or heel lift that raise the ankle up out of harms way.

The Sworks 7 is close to perfect. I have one major complaint that I have not seen raised. That is that the new boa dials are way too tall and the detent, the resistance level of the "clicks" when you adjust the dials, is too light. This flaw in design makes putting on, using, and taking off shoe covers of various types much more difficult. The often "self adjust" when pulling on overshoes because those dials will spin at the slightest touch. The fit of overshoes is also negatively impacted with the material tented up over the dials. As well having anything protrude so much from a shoe (or anything used in a sport for that matter) is a serious error in design. SWorks 8 will undoubtedly have more streamlined dials.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

IchDien wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:13 pm
Can anyone advise on sizing on these?

I'm a 44 in Giro / SIDI shoes.
I’m 43.5 in sidi shot and same with s-works 7, but best to fit it first.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm
jfranci3 wrote:
The answer is maybe. The S7 is deep and the collar is very rigid. Depending on the shape of one's foot you can end up with uncomfortable contact on the lateral malleolus (the "ankle bone" thing that sticks out). For all of my SWorks shoes 6, 7, etc., I spend a fair bit of time working the collar in the ankle area with my hands to try and break it down and soften it. This can make the difference between being able to wear the shoe or not. Unfortunately this won't be enough for some feet. In these case the solution is some sort insole or heel lift that raise the ankle up out of harms way.

The Sworks 7 is close to perfect. I have one major complaint that I have not seen raised. That is that the new boa dials are way too tall and the detent, the resistance level of the "clicks" when you adjust the dials, is too light. This flaw in design makes putting on, using, and taking off shoe covers of various types much more difficult. The often "self adjust" when pulling on overshoes because those dials will spin at the slightest touch. The fit of overshoes is also negatively impacted with the material tented up over the dials. As well having anything protrude so much from a shoe (or anything used in a sport for that matter) is a serious error in design. SWorks 8 will undoubtedly have more streamlined dials.
Have you thought about covers one size up?
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

Cdavies102

by Cdavies102

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm
jfranci3 wrote:

On that note, anyone have any idea on when an S-Works 8 could be released based on how long the S7 has already been available/past trends? Are the new white/black colourways being used by pros this season just a new S7 colourway or pre-production S8? Those new flyknit looking ones used by some riders i assume will be a new climbing shoe released alongside the S7/8 line?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I wouldn't expect a replacement of the S-Works 7 until 2020 due to staggered releases. Specialized won't want to detract from the ultra-thin textile / single Boa Sub6 replacement during the height of summer race season.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

TobinHatesYou wrote:single Boa Sub6 replacement.
Are those climbing shoes that were seen at TDU and again this week actually going to replace the sub 6? I was waiting for sub 7s because I don't like the way the sub 6 looks (but they are super comgy). Instead I will get giro empires if they are not actually coming out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com