grease or oil

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Which grease/oil I have to use to maintenance my ceramicspeed bottom bracket.
Shimano bottom bracket grease, Muc off ceramic lube, coppergrease, DT Swiss star rachet grease. That's what I have now or need I to buy other?

Orlok

by Orlok

Timmy269 wrote:Which grease/oil I have to use to maintenance my ceramicspeed bottom bracket.
Shimano bottom bracket grease, Muc off ceramic lube, coppergrease, DT Swiss star rachet grease. That's what I have now or need I to buy other?
Types of Grease and Oil
In order to undergo the right maintenance to your CeramicSpeed Bearing products, you need to be aware of the different kind of grease available and the right applications to be used on. Developed to offer the best performance and protection for your CeramicSpeed Bearings, the greases and oil we supply are especially designed to give you the guarantee of easy maintenance and trouble-free bearing performance. Check out the table below to see the different types of grease to be used in the maintenance of your CeramicSpeed products.

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/techlab/types-of-grease-and-oil/ :idea:
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Orlok wrote:
Timmy269 wrote:Which grease/oil I have to use to maintenance my ceramicspeed bottom bracket.
Types of Grease and Oil
In order to undergo the right maintenance to your CeramicSpeed Bearing products, you need to be aware of the different kind of grease available and the right applications to be used on. Developed to offer the best performance and protection for your CeramicSpeed Bearings, the greases and oil we supply are especially designed to give you the guarantee of easy maintenance and trouble-free bearing performance. Check out the table below to see the different types of grease to be used in the maintenance of your CeramicSpeed products.

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/techlab/types-of-grease-and-oil/ :idea:

All round grease would be good, so I can use that of Shimano?

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

That all-round grease doesn't mean grease in the general sense, but rather their specific all-round grease, shown further down on their website linked above. I'm not saying you can't use Shimano grease, but if something should happen, that'd give Ceramicspeed a great excuse to deny warranty. For such an expensive BB, I'd use their own grease, just to keep the warranty.

TonyM

by TonyM

Based on the price of your CeramicSpeed BB I would use the specific CeramicSpeed grease :wink: (and this what CeramicSpeed recommend also).
I think you have two type of grease from CeramicSpeed, regular and long life.