BMC teammachine slr 01 size

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarkus

by tarkus

Davico wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 am
What is your ape index (i.e. body height minus arm span)? If the resulting figure is positive, go with the smaller frame; if it’s negative, go with the larger frame. I ride an SLR01 in size 58 (recommended for 184 - 192cm body height) and it’s a tad small; my height is 189cm and my arm span 195cm. I use a 140mm stem and have the seatpost 23cm out to compensate (my legs are also rather long). It works but I would go with a larger frame with what I know now.
huh, this equation sound interesting. mostly because I have never heard of it ;) I suppose you measure from fingertips to fingertips?
I still have to measure exactly...but I think in my case I am somewhat even (around 0). So bad indication.

I thought on jumping on the 51 since it seems really to be a good deal. Not even done it and already thinking of a wheel upgrade :noidea:

Davico

by Davico

Fingertips to fingertips, yes. Zero is the perfect value (remember Leonardo da Vinci’s famous sketch? You fit into a cube!).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

proxomat

by proxomat

Drizt wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 am
TonyM wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 pm
Yepp Richie Porte is 172cm and rides a 47cm. So that‘s what a Pro Peloton rider use (flexibel, young and with lots of km per year)
Richie seems to also have very short legs.

Richies 172cm and has a seat height (from bb) of 685mm
I'm 173cm and have my seat height at approx. 724mm (I'm normally proportions, I don't have long legs).
Porte isn't 172cm. He is 169cm!