BMC teammachine slr 01 size

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dcngr

by dcngr

PinaF8 wrote:
dcngr wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:I’m excited bc today my 47cm SLR01 arrived. Good luck with your choice of size.

:D :D :D
Ah fantastic!! Congrats, a great day for you!
Can you post some pics?

47? Can you tell me your height?
Excited for you!!

I’m 170cm and BMC included a longer seat post to accommodate my 70cm saddle height. I could’ve gone with 51cm but the TT was at 53.5cm which will exceed my liking.

ok very good, yeah the tt is quite long, the more i look at the frame graphs above i think 47 is the way to go. i only need 66.5 saddle height but want shorter reach then my current bike and want lower bars too. thanks!

PinaF8

by PinaF8

dcngr wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
dcngr wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:I’m excited bc today my 47cm SLR01 arrived. Good luck with your choice of size.

Can you post some pics?

Excited for you!!

I’m 170cm and BMC included a longer seat post to accommodate my 70cm saddle height. I could’ve gone with 51cm but the TT was at 53.5cm which will exceed my liking.

ok very good, yeah the tt is quite long, the more i look at the frame graphs above i think 47 is the way to go. i only need 66.5 saddle height but want shorter reach then my current bike and want lower bars too. thanks!

You definitely need to sit on both 47 and 51. Equally feels identical but not on paper.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

dcngr wrote:

Can you post some pics?

Excited for you!!

Finally had the time to pick it up from my favorite LBS.

S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

dcngr

by dcngr

PinaF8 wrote:
dcngr wrote:

Can you post some pics?

Excited for you!!

Finally had the time to pick it up from my favorite LBS.

Wow. Looks great. That down tube looks so nice and fat. Most photos don’t do it justice. You’re does there on the second photo. Thanks for sharing

What’s the frame fitting guideline saying on the box there?

Hahaboy

by Hahaboy

47 slr01 seems slope

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Hahaboy wrote:47 slr01 seems slope

Yes, any frame smaller then 51 cm will be sloped. I know many doesn’t like it but I ride a frame that fit.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

dcngr wrote:What’s the frame fitting guideline saying on the box there?

A bunch of nonsense saying you need 25-50cm of standover clearance to your crotch and something about it applying to both girls’ and boys’ frames.

Hahaboy

by Hahaboy

PinaF8 wrote:
Hahaboy wrote:47 slr01 seems slope

Yes, any frame smaller then 51 cm will be sloped. I know many doesn’t like it but I ride a frame that fit.

I'm thinking to change slr01, but the dealer is very far to me, not free yet to view the frame. From the photo the red seem not the red like chili red, is it darker ?

TonyM

by TonyM

It’s quite a dark red - and most important it is neither gloss nor matt but satin.

Ettore

by Ettore

TonyM wrote:It’s quite a dark red - and most important it is neither gloss nor matt but satin.

Actually the inner surfaces of the front triangle, as well as a part of the rear surfaces on the fork are glossy, the rest is satin indeed.

TonyM

by TonyM

Hahaboy wrote:I'm thinking to change slr01, but the dealer is very far to me, not free yet to view the frame. From the photo the red seem not the red like chili red, is it darker ?

]Image
]Image

Conza

by Conza

Ettore wrote:
TonyM wrote:It’s quite a dark red - and most important it is neither gloss nor matt but satin.

Actually the inner surfaces of the front triangle, as well as a part of the rear surfaces on the fork are glossy, the rest is satin indeed.

Group ride with one this morning; maaaaaan the red looks so good (and I don't like out there colours).
It's all about the adventure :o .

Hahaboy

by Hahaboy

TonyM wrote:
Hahaboy wrote:I'm thinking to change slr01, but the dealer is very far to me, not free yet to view the frame. From the photo the red seem not the red like chili red, is it darker ?

]Image
]Image

GReat !!!!

how was the feel of rides ?

TonyM

by TonyM

Hahaboy wrote:
GReat !!!!

Sorry can‘t tell you....I just took the pictures at my LBS as I bought a RoadMachine02 as my rain/ winter bike.

dcngr

by dcngr

Hahaboy wrote:
TonyM wrote:

I think its 'swiss red' which is quite a deep and rich red. The BMC dealer here said when he was in italy it really stood out as a beautiful colour as i was considering the stealth black.

]Image
]Image

GReat !!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com