2014 Addict Team Edition HMX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm looking to buy a new bike for next season. Been riding a 2000 Klein Quantum Pro since 2000. I'm only 155lbs, 6'1" and the bike has served me well. Climbs great, gives a good ride, but I'm looking for something new to get into. On the fence about another aluminum vs CF bike and leaning towards CF. I used to have, briefly, a Calfee Tetra Pro and Moots Vamoots, but sold those years ago and went back to the Klein.

Not looking to build the lightest bike, realizing this is a WW forum, but wouldn't complain about something in the 14-15lb range, given my QP is ~17.5lbs. In any case, I'm not a racer, but do lots of fast club rides in the 30-40mi range, then solo ride on weekends up to 70miles. Throw in a century or two as well. For my type of riding, not sure I really need a race bike, but I'm used to the geometry and seem to migrate towards them vs something more relaxed.

There's a brand new 2014 Addict frameset, 56cm I am looking at for $1100. Addicts seem to have great reviews, but not sure I should settle for a 3-4 year old frame, despite it being new. Will probably go with mechanical shifters, although electronic is alluring, but I don't think the 2014 will accept them.

Anyways, is there anything I should know about this year frame or possible other options to look at? Also on the list is: Dale SS Evo, CAAD12, R5, Fuji SL and Allied Alfa (new company here in the US). thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I don't think you have a bad bike on that list. The alfa is a bit less of a known quantity. I would get the bike that excites you to look at as they all have decent reviews. I have an evo and love it but cannondale paint quality is generally pretty shitty.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Stick with the Addict. Trust me!

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

I had an addict 2007 R1/SL version (black and yellow). Selling it was a bad idea!!! Still looking for a 2007 sl frame replacement.
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

I found my Addict postings in the intro section of the forum and activated it f you are interested to see what it would look like with top $$$$ bling and very light
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

TonyM

by TonyM

The Scott addict is definitely a very sure « value ». You never hear something negative about it!

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm somewhat surprised that Scott only offers a 5 yr warranty. Giant and many others offer lifetime. This has me rethinking buying a Scott frame.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ukracer

by ukracer

I'm 6ft 1 and have a 58 addict , are you happy with a 56 sizing?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

If it fits, the Addict. Those are *amazing* bikes (if they fit!)

Mechanical is lighter than electronic anyway. And this is Weight Weenies.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

ukracer wrote:I'm 6ft 1 and have a 58 addict , are you happy with a 56 sizing?
I don't have an Addict, but looking to buy. I thought a 56 would be good for me at 6'1". Maybe too small? What's you inseam? Do the Scott's run small?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk