De Rosa or Storck.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

My vote is De Rosa

fitty4

by fitty4

They are quite different in geometry, have you looked into that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WR74

by WR74

De Rosa is a better looking bike in my view. But like the previous comments, pick the one that speaks to you. You have to ride and live with it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

blueturtle

by blueturtle

Thanks for your comments. Been to see the De Rosa in the flesh i must say it looks a thing of beauty completely smitten with it. It was surrounded by Cervelos Argons and Cipollinis but still stuck out as being the nicest bike in the group. There is only one way i can go!! Thanks again for your advice.

TonyM

by TonyM

blueturtle wrote:Thanks for your comments. Been to see the De Rosa in the flesh i must say it looks a thing of beauty completely smitten with it. It was surrounded by Cervelos Argons and Cipollinis but still stuck out as being the nicest bike in the group. There is only one way i can go!! Thanks again for your advice.

ENJOY it! :thumbup:

alistaird

by alistaird

blueturtle wrote:Thanks for your comments. Been to see the De Rosa in the flesh i must say it looks a thing of beauty completely smitten with it. It was surrounded by Cervelos Argons and Cipollinis but still stuck out as being the nicest bike in the group. There is only one way i can go!! Thanks again for your advice.
+1. Good choice. :-)

A

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

Greatestalltime wrote:
hannawald wrote:De Rosa, i wanted one for me, but there is only one option on proprietary seat post and the offset was too much for me.

Are you saying all De rosa require this seatpost? Or just the Pininfarina?

I have a Protos frame I’m building and I thought it accepted a standard 31.6

I don't know Protos. Pininfarina has aero seatpost, not round. De Rosa makes only one version of offset, I think it was 25mm..you can not go for zero offset or reversible design...if it doesn't fit, you are stuck. Protos may be different.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

Greatestalltime wrote:
hannawald wrote:De Rosa, i wanted one for me, but there is only one option on proprietary seat post and the offset was too much for me.

Are you saying all De rosa require this seatpost? Or just the Pininfarina?

I have a Protos frame I’m building and I thought it accepted a standard 31.6

31.6 is correct

colster

by colster

blueturtle wrote:Help, can somebody help me make my mind up. I am agonising over the choice of two different bikes both of which are good deals.

Is it just the available deals that were the deciding factor in making you whittle down to these 2 options? There are lots of deals out there these days...

Do i go for the Italian styling or the German functionality. Both have Dura Ace groupsets and similar type aero wheelsets. Advice would be appreciated.

Groupset?? That's just dotting i's and crossing t's. Easily substituted once you've got the frameset. Is there something else drawing you to these options?? Sounds like there is, let us know a little more about what you're thinking/feeling on both options, you phrase it like it's a head/heart choice...

For my €2: go for the De Rosa. It's just...sexier (I say this as a De Rosa owner so am severely biased). And build it with Campag SR, not Dura Ace