Ritchey Road Logic as second bike..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

waltthizzney wrote:I would get the new one, tire clearance is a huge issue, I heard its tight even on some 25mm

I am the same height as you as mentioned and want the Ritchey but I feel like the 53mm would be to long with such a short HT

One Steel bike I really like is that planet x one

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOCO/ho ... n-frameset

its cheap, has great tubing, better geo for me in the small. I was thinking of repainting it something stealth if I got it.

It's almost same price as Road Logic, and is different type of geometry. I can see the stack and reach is more on sportive, commuting bike. So again, depend from idea what u want to ride with this bike... Sportive, comfortable chill rides, or to push it as much as ur carbon bike, but without worrying of cracks, scratches of carbon etc...

3Pio

by 3Pio

Digger90 wrote:
3Pio wrote:
If i compare C60 in 50S size headtube which is 145mm and Road Logic in 53 is 140mm which is not big difference. I guess ill have 5 mm more spacers on Ritchey, which is ok.

I guess ur Road Logic was 53 size? In 55 size headtube length is: 160mm, so i guess if u went that size it will be ok comparing to ur Colnago.

Can u please tell me more about Ritchey way of riding? Sprinting efforts? Climbing? Is it reactiv? How was handling? Sport car handling or more sluggish? If u can compare it with ur C59 i'll be very thankfull.. And i guess u had 53 cm Road Logic?

Yes, my Road Logic was a 53. I chose that size because the effective TT on the 55 was, I felt, too long for me. If Ritchey made a 53cms frame with the HT from the 55cms it would be perfect for me.

Ritchey way of riding...? I just rode it.. lots! :D

Sprinting, climbing etc were all great. You have nothing to worry about with its performance, handling or anything. In comparison to my C59's (I had 2 of those) it was slightly less agile in the steering, but absolutely not sluggish. With carbon everything these days, I think people have all-but-forgotten steel... The Ritchey isn't some 1980's / 1990's, slack, slow-handling, blunderbuss.. it's a modern, sharp, well engineered bike that you can ride very hard, flat out, and it'll put a smile on your face.

It's different to the way a C59 or C60 rides, but that's the point isn't it? I wanted something different - a different look, different feel, different characteristics.. but still a rewarding bike to ride.

PS - no facing required.

Analyzing Road Logic geometry and im a bit counfused trying to determine number of spacers i'll have compared to my bikes i ride now..

Road Logic: Head Tube 140mm

C60: Head Tube mm 145 mm

So based on the head tube Ritchey i'll need 5mm more spacers under the stam

But based on stack:

Road Logic: 549mm

C60: 547 mm

So based on stack on Road Logic i'll need 2 mm less spacers under the stem..

So which number to use to get number of spacers determination?

Head tube Length comparation or Stack Comparation?

Or, better.. To have the same vertical position on Road Logic, will i have more or less spacers compared to C60, and by how many?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

You should go by stack, which takes into account the fork length and BB drop. That is probably why the Ritchey has a taller stack despite a shorter head tube, because the fork is longer and/or the BB drop is greater.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

3Pio wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:I would get the new one, tire clearance is a huge issue, I heard its tight even on some 25mm

I am the same height as you as mentioned and want the Ritchey but I feel like the 53mm would be to long with such a short HT

One Steel bike I really like is that planet x one

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOCO/ho ... n-frameset

its cheap, has great tubing, better geo for me in the small. I was thinking of repainting it something stealth if I got it.

It's almost same price as Road Logic, and is different type of geometry. I can see the stack and reach is more on sportive, commuting bike. So again, depend from idea what u want to ride with this bike... Sportive, comfortable chill rides, or to push it as much as ur carbon bike, but without worrying of cracks, scratches of carbon etc...

its not really sportive other than having a large headtube

AJS914

by AJS914

The road logic headset top cap seems to add another centimeter to the stack. You should verify if their quoted stack figures include the headset.

3Pio

by 3Pio

AJS914 wrote:The road logic headset top cap seems to add another centimeter to the stack. You should verify if their quoted stack figures include the headset.

I asked exactly that question.. How high is headset cup, and how stack is measured... Waiting for reply, and i'll post it here when i got response about this..Probably this info will help to other interested in this frame...

AJS914

by AJS914

Maybe you can email Ritchey?

FWIW, framesets usually don't include any headset parts in stack measurements.

3Pio

by 3Pio

AJS914 wrote:Maybe you can email Ritchey?

FWIW, framesets usually don't include any headset parts in stack measurements.

Ussually yes.. But i need to be sure about this, and also to know exact headset cup to know much spacers i'll need.

I e-mailed them allready.. And waiting for the information about this.. So hope to get this answer soon to be able to check if this frame suit me at all in term of geometry or not...

Js2

by Js2

If it's any help, I just recently build up a size 53 Logic as my N+1 coming from a 2015 Specialized Allez Comp (First Bike).
I'm 5'10 w/ inseam 83.9 cm
Saddle to BB = 73.5 cm (172.5 cranks)
Saddle tip to center of the bar is 55.5 cm

Logic is running 120mm Stem w/ Neo Classic Bar (73mm reach)
Allez is running 110mm Stem w/ 3T Ergonova (78mm reach)
Top Tube difference is 545 (logic) vs 548 (allez)

Compared to the Allez:
Smooth is the word I would use to sum up this bike. It's smooth in power delivery (aka not as direct, not a bad thing to me) and also ride quality (noticeably more comfortable). Ride quality is very different and maybe what people describe as steel has springy quality to them. Allez is just a more direct bike overall, with its power delivery and vibration through out the bike.

Final weight w pedals cage and mounts: 7.8 kg (not too shabby considering Dura Ace Skewers and full R9100 Groupo + Alloy bars)
Allez weight: 7.6 kg

newbiebiker

by newbiebiker

I like the ritchey road logic frame, any thoughts on this bike frame with flat handlebars? I prefer flat handlebars but like this frame a lot, haven't seen other people with flat bars.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

If it's any help, I just recently build up a size 53 Logic as my N+1 coming from a 2015 Specialized Allez Comp (First Bike).

Compared to the Allez:
Smooth is the word I would use to sum up this bike. It's smooth in power delivery (aka not as direct, not a bad thing to me) and also ride quality (noticeably more comfortable). Ride quality is very different and maybe what people describe as steel has springy quality to them. Allez is just a more direct bike overall, with its power delivery and vibration through out the bike.

Final weight w pedals cage and mounts: 7.8 kg (not too shabby considering Dura Ace Skewers and full R9100 Groupo + Alloy bars)

SWEET BUILD! :thumbup: :thumbup: ... ps: this is how all should take photo

3Pio

by 3Pio

Js2 wrote:Image

Compared to the Allez:

Sorry for late reply, somehow i missed ur post.. I must say that this is one of the best bikes i ever seen..

And thanks for sharing ur numbers.. This gray version look definetely better then new blue version..

Anyway, after long thinking which one to get.. The New Ritchey Road Logic or Colnago Master X-Light, seem that i put decision on Master X-Light..The main reason is more sizes available, shorter chainstays which seem better for climbing and somehow since i allready own C60, probably im a bit biased...And i dont like that much blue version vs gray u have (even they say blue is stiffer in front end), but somehow the new fork is not that good looking as urs...

Thanks a lot for ur post... Again.. U have wonderfull bike...

Js2

by Js2

Thank you! I've also been contemplating of getting a size 54 Colnago Master for my next bike :mrgreen:
I was going to go that route first but since I'm not sure if I would like the ride of a steel frame, I went with the logical choice (pun intended).

I am having a hard time deciding between PR82 vs PR99 models.
Saronni Red PR82 is definitely nice, but it is more sparkly metallic red in person.
Haven't seen the White PR99 in real life before. Keep going back and forth between the two :noidea:

3Pio

by 3Pio

Js2 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:59 pm
Thank you! I've also been contemplating of getting a size 54 Colnago Master for my next bike :mrgreen:
I was going to go that route first but since I'm not sure if I would like the ride of a steel frame, I went with the logical choice (pun intended).

I am having a hard time deciding between PR82 vs PR99 models.
Saronni Red PR82 is definitely nice, but it is more sparkly metallic red in person.
Haven't seen the White PR99 in real life before. Keep going back and forth between the two :noidea:
Then i own u as soon as i get the Master and build it, to share the experience with u :)

Im trying to decide between PR82 and AD4 :), and in this moment im 70% PR82, 30% AD4...

I wonder how u choosed 54 master instead of 55 for ur size ? (and closer to Road Logic 53 u ride..)

And if u have experience to help me with sizing my Master, i'll really apreciate..

Please check my other thread about it

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142324&start=15#p1366141

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Js2

by Js2

speaking of which... AD4 is growing on me too!

It was actually pretty close between 54 vs 55. I'm still not 100% sure btw.

Things that made me consider 54 more:
- Aesthetics (shallow i know :P)
- I can run 120 stem on the 54 or 110 on the 55.
- Headtube Length after the external Headset

Flexibility-wise I'm pretty decent, and I could still improve if I do more yoga and stuff.
I might have to find a place to go test ride both sizes to decide. But gut feeling and heart says 54 :P