Table/spreadsheet of bike component weights?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

apctjb

by apctjb

I am gearing up to do my first WW bike build! Does anyone know of a table/spreadsheet that list the typical weights for various bike components that I can use as a starting point to estimate total build weight. As I order parts I will then update the list with the actual weights but would be great to have something to start with as a reference point.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ddsg

by ddsg

There's an (outdated) listing of various part weights on the top of the WW page.

Otherwise what you can do is copy the weights from a build you like into an excel table and then update them as you acquire parts.

apctjb

by apctjb

Something like that?

Yes! Thanks

dgomes1

by dgomes1

apctjb wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:38 pm
I am gearing up to do my first WW bike build! Does anyone know of a table/spreadsheet that list the typical weights for various bike components that I can use as a starting point to estimate total build weight. As I order parts I will then update the list with the actual weights but would be great to have something to start with as a reference point.

Thanks
Hello!

Did that effort went ahead?

Is anyone aware of a database of bike component / parts weights?

That should't be to hard to populate in some kind of crowd sourced information...("bikepedia"!!!)

If only had the skills to set up an app ou webpage for that...

Regards,
Daniel

ddddd1

by ddddd1

dgomes1 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm
Is anyone aware of a database of bike component / parts weights?
Yeah, it is called r2-bike.com :D it's a german shop and they put almost all of the components they have in shop on scale. Not really a database, but you can source there most of what you need.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

northwestern

by northwestern

I google the bike part that I want and the word "weight", then go to "Images" and look for pictures where the item I'm looking for is weighed on a scale. This is especially useful if you want the weight of older models. I have a 2015 Sworks and this is how I found the weights of older Sworks cranks and chainrings.