VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

Any plans to offer a MTB sole?
adrenaline junkie

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

We certainly want to get in to two bolt - MTB and gravel. But at the moment it's a matter of growing in proportion with what we can afford. It's just myself and my business partner funding this whole set up and it's not pocket change :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Latest update for delivery of Season 4 ?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

They're in production. We changed the offset of one of the dials (to ensure a little more room for full retention). Hoping that does not change the expected completion date - which was meant to be end of October. Pre-orders then sent as first priority.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Great. Looking fwd to them !

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

Nick, do you have a fresh update on season 4?

loudtiger

by loudtiger

greenedgefan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am
Looking for an update as well :)

MichaelB

by MichaelB

loudtiger wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:50 am
greenedgefan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am
Looking for an update as well :)
Trust the radio silence is because he's busy packing the pre-orders ..... :beerchug:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Apologies guys, forgot to check in here with everything else happening in the world of VK.

WIth regards to the kicks, we made an alteration to the position of the dial nearest the ankle - with riding and bedding down of the upper I was not satisfied with the location of it and so offset it a little more. Got a sample to confirm but was hopeful (as was the factory agent) that this would not push back production. We're still awaiting word from them for completion (normally they don't say much then BAM "order is ready"). So there could be a delay. Which is on me. And this offset was only a chance of being an issue on maybe 5% (max) of pairs. But was not a risk I wanted to take.

As soon as I have word I'll be sure to let all know. There will be a mail out coming with these details soon too.

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

You probably don’t know yet but any ideas on the ETA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Hmmm, normally patient, but it's now nearing the end of November without a delivery date.

Trust that they are coming, but silence is not particularly reassuring....

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Well, patience has run out, and no delivery in sight, so refund has been requested.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Hi Michael and co.

Hopefully all the pre-orders got an email from us 3 weeks ago with respect to the situation we're facing with the factory and them basically not replying to us. We're not withholding a delivery date because we're crap at communicating. Or want to keep people in the dark. It's simply that the fatory won't supply us one - likely because they have moved us in to a different production schedule and know that we are too small of a player for there to be any repercussion back to them over this.

It's upsetting to us. It's upsetting to all who showed faith and jumped in to a pre-order. And while I don't want to invoke Kickstarter or such as any sort of an excuse, it's the precise same issue projects on there face (with respect to delays).

What I will not do is apologise for the delay, given it was for a design improvement. Michael, I have your email. I'll respond there as well. And will refund anyone else who is unable to wait. We expect completing, literally, within the fortnight. I understand the annoyance. I am sorry people feel this way and sorry for missing our target. But not sorry for the underpinning reason for it.

Cheers,

Nick
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Thanks for the update Nick. My stupid work email blocked your email so I had no idea what it said. :noidea: I'm still more than happy to wait and still look forward to getting them, eagerly anticipated still. :thumbup:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply and action.

I have no issues with pursuing the optimal design for the customers. That's great and should be rewarded.

Good luck with the ordsers and thanks

Michael

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com