VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha! I’ll bet that guy is awesomely fun to ride with.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legolaz84

by legolaz84

Hi @Tinea Pedis and subject matter experts! A quick questions if you all dont mind! I am normally on a UK size 43 for most my non cycling shoes.. but on my Sidi genius 5 i am on a 44.. Which size should i get from Velokicks? 43 or 44? Just wanted to ask the experts here before i spent my cash on your awesome shoes!

Wont mind a promo code as well if you dont mind sharing one with me via PM!

Thanks!

sfo423

by sfo423

great first post.
legolaz84 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks!

Stendhal

by Stendhal

IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
Tinea Pedis must be too humble to announce it here, but his Season 2 Velo Kicks have shipped. And what a pleasure that was -- the news came on Tuesday that they were shipping and mine arrived, travelling from Australia to the West Coast USA, by Friday afternoon. That's superb.

Very first impressions from my ride home from my office (about 14 miles) where I had them shipped:

1. Very happy.
2. They clearly are roomier than the classic Italian shows of the same size (Vittoria) that I own, and a bit roomier than the Gaerne shoes from 2012 they are replacing. The tongue is especially comforting.
3. If I could describe the shows in one word, it is purity. They have clean, uncomplicated lines, less contoured than some name brands; and a clean but colorful design. Not that they are lacking in tech features, esp. an interesting air intake on the soles.
4. Not killingly stiff, but not loose either. More riding is needed to assess.
5. OMG, the accompanying shoe bag is outstanding. (Not shown because it's still at the office.)
6. TP, you could also collaborate with POC -- see the photo with my POC gloves attached. (I was too klutzy to take a photo with me and my blue bike, which the shoes match. Too bad because in honor of your heritage I wore an Orica-Greenedge kit.)
7. Now I'll have to place an order to North Carolina for the matching sockss.

TP, having mastered a blue-purple palate, now your challenge is to design stand out shoes that go well with the large swathe of more austere black \ black-red bikes on the market (e.g., my Pinarello 167 Black Lava, black with red accents).
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

roadman

by roadman

Just received my VKs, fit feels good and price is awesome, but too early to use for 3 days of Haute Route starting fri :)

Just wondering, is there a preferred aftermarket insole that works? I notice the contour doesn't sit well with the Solestar Black carbon arches and so causes a bit of pain.

Gary71

by Gary71

legolaz84 wrote:
Hi @Tinea Pedis and subject matter experts! A quick questions if you all dont mind! I am normally on a UK size 43 for most my non cycling shoes.. but on my Sidi genius 5 i am on a 44.. Which size should i get from Velokicks? 43 or 44? Just wanted to ask the experts here before i spent my cash on your awesome shoes!

Thanks!
I would go with the 44's. I have just recieved my 44's - They look spesh......, but I fear a size too small !
I am normally a 44 - 45 depending on brands......, should have gone with the 45's

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

roadman wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 pm
Just received my VKs, fit feels good and price is awesome, but too early to use for 3 days of Haute Route starting fri :)

Just wondering, is there a preferred aftermarket insole that works? I notice the contour doesn't sit well with the Solestar Black carbon arches and so causes a bit of pain.
Honestly - as a Podiatrist - I would agree on not jumping in to them right away, espeically before Haute Route. That said, my partner wore her Blanco laces for the first time on a double mountain pass day. I nearly died when she told me. Loved them, not a single issue.

As for pain from the Solestar, that's a little odd? I am assuming you've removed the insert that comes with the shoe? I run orthoses - as do others - this is the first these issues I have come across.
Gary71 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:32 pm
legolaz84 wrote:

Thanks!
I would go with the 44's. I have just recieved my 44's - They look spesh......, but I fear a size too small !
I am normally a 44 - 45 depending on brands......, should have gone with the 45's
Thanks Gary, lego and I have chatted about sizing.

If yours are too small we can arrange an exchange. Drop us an email and we can chat it over.
Stendhal wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:35 am

Tinea Pedis must be too humble to announce it here, but his Season 2 Velo Kicks have shipped. And what a pleasure that was -- the news came on Tuesday that they were shipping and mine arrived, travelling from Australia to the West Coast USA, by Friday afternoon. That's superb.

Very first impressions from my ride home from my office (about 14 miles) where I had them shipped:

1. Very happy.
2. They clearly are roomier than the classic Italian shows of the same size (Vittoria) that I own, and a bit roomier than the Gaerne shoes from 2012 they are replacing. The tongue is especially comforting.
3. If I could describe the shows in one word, it is purity. They have clean, uncomplicated lines, less contoured than some name brands; and a clean but colorful design. Not that they are lacking in tech features, esp. an interesting air intake on the soles.
4. Not killingly stiff, but not loose either. More riding is needed to assess.
5. OMG, the accompanying shoe bag is outstanding. (Not shown because it's still at the office.)
6. TP, you could also collaborate with POC -- see the photo with my POC gloves attached. (I was too klutzy to take a photo with me and my blue bike, which the shoes match. Too bad because in honor of your heritage I wore an Orica-Greenedge kit.)
7. Now I'll have to place an order to North Carolina for the matching sockss.

TP, having mastered a blue-purple palate, now your challenge is to design stand out shoes that go well with the large swathe of more austere black \ black-red bikes on the market (e.g., my Pinarello 167 Black Lava, black with red accents).
Really do appreciate the feedback - and very amped that you love the shoes. Creating a great shoe is something that keeps me up at night, as cliche as that sounds. So when they hit the spot and riders love them it really is great to hear.

Your point about the next colourway is a great one. And I wish it was modesty that was keeping me from posting on here - rather it's the process of now trying to chat to stores and get them on board as stockists that has me tied up. We know there are people who really want (or need) to try different sizes on, so being solely online cannot be how we stay. The Americas (both north and south) represent a lot of VeloKicks customer base, so we'll focus there and then find a few hubs in Europe as well (as VAT is really hurting us in some countries).

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Size 45ImageImage

Massive thanks to Nick and the VK crew.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am
Size 45ImageImage

Massive thanks to Nick and the VK crew.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Nice taste. Also, very close to the stated weight of 275g [you can barely see it, but these are size 45, where the weight for that size is in the site]
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

In fairness the Blanco dials now have sliders in the sole for increased range of cleat positioning - that will be where the extra 7 grams or so comes from.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Are there any pics of the carbon soles? I'm very interested in these shoes as a replacement for my older Sidi's...

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I wish I could get some nice shoes in size bigger than 48.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What size are you? Bigger than a 48?

In manufacturing we started with 39-46, then every size we add outside of that is $2000 extra. Per size. We have added 38 and 47. We sadly don't have the capital to add a 48 or 49 at present. Or a 37.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Digging the Season 2s! May have to pick up a pair next paycheck...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com