VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Congrats on the new project - dig them indeed. Obviously you have a good footing in the industry with your background :)
Just ride ..

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Can the decals be placed on e.g. toe or shoe covers? That way I can continue using my current shoes during fall/winter/spring, spend less on each set and potentially buy a couple since my toe covers seem to wear out quicker than my shoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

prendrefeu wrote:(also, because this is WW - any verified mass numbers for common sizes? ;) )

Already on the site ;)

http://www.velo-kicks.com.au

Size 45 weights, Season 1 colours are 275g and Blanco are 250g. In a 41 it's 245g and 220g respectively. None of this was done with weight in mind (I'm saving that for the carbon fibre kicks) but I'm happy with that. Especially for the Blanco, given that includes metal eyelets - a request after mates of mine have busted their Sub6 through the eyelet.

antonioiglesius wrote:Can the decals be placed on e.g. toe or shoe covers? That way I can continue using my current shoes during fall/winter/spring, spend less on each set and potentially buy a couple since my toe covers seem to wear out quicker than my shoes.

No reason why the decals could not go on shoe or toe covers. Only the inherent flex that comes with those will mean they won't hold up as well as on the shoes.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Little update.

We've added 38 and 47 to the size ranges - moulds cost a lot, so will take a while to build the range. Are looking hard at a Blanco but in dials. And have partnered with Ridge Supply (socks) and doing a custom Skyline themed pair of kicks for them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Begymwelnfm ... idgesupply

Pretty amped to be honest.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

After almost 2 months I have to say, these are everything that I'd hoped my Sub6 shoes would be, comfortable, ventilated and most importantly, obnoxiously bright Image they fit well enough that I've given up wearing anything else at present.
The fit is similar to the Sworks/Bont VapourS with more mid foot volume and a relaxed heal cup. The sole is a great balance between stiff and lively giving 0 hot spot issues using blue Specialized inserts.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Antoine

by Antoine

I like a lot the season 1, but the sizing chart is pretty useless if you don't already own a Specialized or Bont : "sizing is on par with Specialized, Bont".
And for example older and newer Bont vaypor have different sizing, Riot have a different sizing than vaypor.
I think you should give for each size the length and width, as Bont and Lake do. Otherwise buying online is a gamble.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I'm a 44E in R321 Shimano. I'm a 45 in a Giro Empire but they are too narrow, I'm a 45w in the original style Bont Vayopr. 45 in a 2F0 cliplite.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Antoine wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:23 am
I like a lot the season 1, but the sizing chart is pretty useless if you don't already own a Specialized or Bont : "sizing is on par with Specialized, Bont".
And for example older and newer Bont vaypor have different sizing, Riot have a different sizing than vaypor.
I think you should give for each size the length and width, as Bont and Lake do. Otherwise buying online is a gamble.
we've tried to be as size comparative as possible to remove the 'gamble'. Only when you have a factory that struggles to understand when you ask for a sizing table this is the best we're able to compromise with and offer.

So far sizes 39-46 all fit true to a standard sizing. But getting anything more precise is sadly not possible. We do offer a full refund if the sizing turns out to be incorrect. If that's not enough and we lose a sale then presently I'm a little helpless to change the situation. But sales have been good and not a single pair the wrong size. So guess it's working ;)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

For any who might be interested, thought I would update on some of the custom kick creations we've put together over the past few months.

Mate of mine has a stunning Ramato Wilier. Wanted some kicks to go along with it. He's taking them to Italy in a couple of months time (is friends with some of the Wilier Selle Italia guys, including Pellizoti) and wants some neat kicks to come along when he's riding with them. Have to say, very happy with how they have turned out.

Belgium kicks were done by one of our painters who loves the Tour of Flanders as much as I do. I said to him pick a Classic and surprise me, this was what he did.

Baum I've had a long time relationship with. Still good mates with Darren. Asked which of his schemes he'd like a themed pair of kicks on, Baum Racing (Martini) was it. These are so damn nice.

This one was tricky. We played with a pearl finish and it really does not come out well in the shots. Tried to nail it without much success. At least for us amateurs. All of this is being shot by me (so apologies for the quality) or a mate. Who has a good camera but also a day job and is no pro. Joys of running a business on a shoestring budget. Anyways, much better in the flesh.

And because I love Star Wars more than most middle aged men should. When you have a custom kicks company why not twist it to your own desires :lol:

Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

So cool! Not only the paint jobs, but the shoes. I have followed you on IG for a long time. The shoes look good quality and have nice clean classic lines. Keep up the good work.

Quick question if you don't mind. I have a pair of shoes I would like to give a go doing a design on. Are those designs done with a brush or air brush? The finish is so smooth I figured it was air brush but after some reading I have found most use fine brushes. Thanks!

As the kids would say the Belgium and Martini ones are "off the hook!". Do kids still say that? :noidea:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Done with both. Trick is to use Angelus deglazer and then paint. Whether it's their paint (which is the best on the market by far) or posca pens or whatever else. Then a light clear coat.

Good thing is even if you are not artistic very few pics that are sent to us actually look bad. Closer inspection on some are not flattering, but the old 'good from afar' mantra holds true when pics are taken.

I have three more designs that I'll be able to drop in a fortnights time. They are on their way back to me presently. One of them being team edition kicks for my team. It's like waiting for Santa.

And thanks for being a fan! If any WW members want some kicks hit me up and I'll sling you a little discount code. Least I can do given how long I've been terrorising this board for.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi

I recently picked up a pair of 45 VK's from another forum member.

VERY happy with them so far (still early days). Some comments:

+ Gloss white looks great. Super bling 8)
+ Fit is similar (but different) to my original Bont Vapors (non S) if that makes sense. 45 is 45 but overall fit is a different shape, though still quite roomy up front like the Bonts are
+ Fit is very comfy, slipper like rather than rock solid like Bont
+ I use Aerolite pedals with the cleats bolted to the two rear bolts on each shoe, and aim for a rearward cleat position, so was pleasantly surprised that the bolt holes on these are relatively rearward
+ Soles are not as stiff as Bont, but still ok.
+ Standing up on 20%+ climbs tends to allow the uppers to stretch upwards noticeably but I have my laces very loose so could probably fix that by cranking down on the laces a bit
+ Ventilation is surprising good (ie: cold here in Christchurch :wink: )
+ Stack height is noticeably greater than Bont but similar to other non Bont shoes. So had to raise my saddle by about 4mm for these shoes over the Bonts

Overall, very very happy. Nice work Tin!

:beerchug: :thumbup:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Thanks mate.

Honestly, I've had Bont so if the test soles had come back as stiff as them I would have asked the factory to dial the stiffness back. In my experience it's too polarising. Fit and comfort was paramount. And while, like you say, is not Bont stiffness it's certainly not like wet cardboard.

That said I am very open to suggestions on what to improve. We want these to be a top level shoes at mid level pricing.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Honestly, so far I can't think of anything I'd change. I reckon you've already achieved your goal. :beerchug:

Give me a few more 1,000kms and ask me again. :thumbup: :wink:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Terrific, happy to hear :)

If anyone else has features they would like to see in a shoe, hit me up. I'm open to any and all suggestions. But will say the next stock drop with have a the sole now feature replaceable heel pads and a cleat slider system to help broaden the range of cleat position options.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com