VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

alanyu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Another pointy-like shape shoes......
Pardon?

Have you actually looked at the shoes? Or just here for a nice little troll :noidea:

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

I for one am looking forward to receiving season 4 (and looking Lance-like), when I have ridden in them for a week or more I will relay my feedback. I suspect I will be suitably chuffed with my purchase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

Discodan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm
alanyu wrote:Another pointy-like shape shoes......
Really disappointed about this kind of shape which 90+% brands use. Why don't you do more research on foot type/shape?
https://ancestralfindings.com/your-foot ... genealogy/

Let's see what bont and lems do on the last design:
http://bontcycling.com/products/road/vaypor+/index.html
https://www.lemsshoes.com/pages/natural ... aped-shoes
What’s the relevance of the first link, is that just pointing out that there are different foot shapes?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that as the Velokicks founder is a podiatrist, he’s probably aware of different foot shapes. Maybe 90% of brands use that shape shoe because it fits 90% of feet, are you part of the 10% with wide feet so struggling to get a good fit with mainstream brands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, first link shows different foot shape and there is a figure at the bottom of that page.

I'm talking about foot shape, but not wide or narrow. One shape can not well fit 90% of feet, as the three main foot shape: Greece, Egyptian and Roman are about 30% each. What's more, the reason 90% of brands choose that shape is due to appereance more than comfort.

alanyu

by alanyu

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:27 am
alanyu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 pm
Another pointy-like shape shoes......
Pardon?

Have you actually looked at the shoes? Or just here for a nice little troll :noidea:
If you go through the link of lems and bont introducing their concept of the last, you will know why I call them "pointy like" (not pointy)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That fact that you feel phalanx length (and shape) should be a primary judge of the fit of a shoe is enough to confirm you are - with respect - a touch out of your depth here. And at risk of giving this more oxygen than it deserves...couching the critique as "pointy like" really doesn't walk back the fact that when you compare the two there is only one point here: that you might want to stick bike stuff that does not involve feet :beerchug:

alanyu

by alanyu

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:41 pm
That fact that you feel phalanx length (and shape) should be a primary judge of the fit of a shoe is enough to confirm you are - with respect - a touch out of your depth here. And at risk of giving this more oxygen than it deserves...couching the critique as "pointy like" really doesn't walk back the fact that when you compare the two there is only one point here: that you might want to stick bike stuff that does not involve feet :beerchug:
A touch out of my depth? Do you mean one should choose his shoes without the primary consideration of an ergo fit to their foot?
How many people has the middle toe as the longest one and almost mirror-symmetric?
2.png
Check that on google, not so many. My friends' and mine are: 70% have index toe as the longest and 30% have big toe as the longest, and most are Greek and Egytian feet.
1.PNG
Squeezing the toes long time may lead to hallux valgus, which Lems has already shown in their concept.

Alex222

by Alex222

I think someone has been spending too much time on google

sandbox

by sandbox

Alex222 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm
I think someone has been spending too much time on google
100% agree.

It’s 2019- let your toes identify however they want!

I will say, I love my Velokicks. Had them for about 18 months and they’re still going strong.

basilic

by basilic

hey TP, I think alanyu asks a legitimate question (or maybe he's not asking, I don't know). I am forever on the lookout for a comfortable wide-enough shoe. The overhead shot of you black shoes does make my big toe hurt just looking at it. Pictures of your other shoes indicate that the soles are not that symmetrical, so maybe show them as well for this model? or show shoes that have been worn and adapted to an actual foot?

What I miss from your site is some facts about width at the metatarsal heads (Lake do that very well). Comparing your shoes to other brands is not helpful. Spesh fits different according to model year. Northwave used to be wide and then suddely shrunk. Bont fit completely differently from other brands. If you posted actual inside width one would know if it's likely to fit or not, you may get more traffic.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

basilic wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:39 pm
The overhead shot of you black shoes does make my big toe hurt just looking at it. Pictures of your other shoes indicate that the soles are not that symmetrical, so maybe show them as well for this model? or show shoes that have been worn and adapted to an actual foot?
I'm a little confused on what you're asking for here? Feedback that the shoe is comfortable? We have that from people on here and all around the world - with all different types of feet (and phalanx lengths). But by the same token are we at no point proclaiming to have a shoe that will be the best fitting shoe anyone will ever wear. I'm not sure many brands would be looking to make that claim. All we want to do is add to the options of great shoes that are out there with a kick that is (foremost) comfortable, stiff enough to perform and with some options for flair (if that is also a consideration).

You say your toe hurts just by looking at them. While you're welcome to your opinion this is like saying a certain bike looks <insert opinion> without having ever ridden it... As for shots of people in the shoes, there are pics all across our site, Instagram, Facebook and now YouTube channel of them in action.

basilic wrote:
What I miss from your site is some facts about width at the metatarsal heads (Lake do that very well).
We have requested this many times from the factory, they have simply ignored us. We're close to paying them a visit (as this helps with business relations) so will ask then. It seems like the request is getting a little lost in translation. It's easy for Lake to do it, they own their factory. Counter point to this though is that I have my own database of foot lengths and widths - with the size shoe they fit. I have that sizing guide on the site (which perhaps you have missed?) and there have been customers I have recommended against VeloKicks as their feet have been too narrow for our shoes.
basilic wrote:
Comparing your shoes to other brands is not helpful.
Happy to disagree there.
basilic wrote:
Spesh fits different according to model year. Northwave used to be wide and then suddely shrunk. Bont fit completely differently from other brands. If you posted actual inside width one would know if it's likely to fit or not, you may get more traffic.
Specialized have gotten a little more aggressive in the width, last length has not changed for years. Northwave length again has not changed - nor has Bont. Who, off the shelf, fit basically the same (with the option then to mould). Again if you read the sizing guide and product details you would find what we offer is a shoe that fit "on par" in length with other brands. We just offer more volume than some.

My hope is none of this comes across as personal (with all the quotes) however the info is on the site - it's a little disappointing to be misrepresented. That said, perhaps there's a point that it needs to be even more explicit :beerchug:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

alanyu wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Tinea Pedis wrote:
A touch out of my depth? Do you mean one should choose his shoes without the primary consideration of an ergo fit to their foot?
How many people has the middle toe as the longest one and almost mirror-symmetric?
2.png
Check that on google, not so many. My friends' and mine are: 70% have index toe as the longest and 30% have big toe as the longest, and most are Greek and Egytian feet.
1.PNG

Squeezing the toes long time may lead to hallux valgus, which Lems has already shown in their concept.
My feet look like this and are the better part of 130mm wide (for a size 45).

they are a horrow show (even other Podiatrists laugh at them) and they fit perfectly. But that's no accident, it took more than a few samples to get to that point.

As for HAV development, you inhert the foot type and propensity for a hallux abducto valgus. Poor shoes can be a cause in hastening this development, only if you have the predisposition for a HAV you'll develop one regardless of what shoes you wear (or not). Populations that have never worn shoes even had/have HAV deformities. If you feel VeloKicks in any way are narrow enough to run foul of the aforementioned propensity to speed up HAV development then you are falling for the same trap as basilic, that being judging without having any actual experience or knowledge - which we established previously with you - to support your claim.

alanyu

by alanyu

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:50 am
alanyu wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Tinea Pedis wrote:
2.png
1.PNG

My feet look like this and are the better part of 130mm wide (for a size 45).

they are a horrow show (even other Podiatrists laugh at them) and they fit perfectly. But that's no accident, it took more than a few samples to get to that point.

As for HAV development, you inhert the foot type and propensity for a hallux abducto valgus. Poor shoes can be a cause in hastening this development, only if you have the predisposition for a HAV you'll develop one regardless of what shoes you wear (or not). Populations that have never worn shoes even had/have HAV deformities. If you feel VeloKicks in any way are narrow enough to run foul of the aforementioned propensity to speed up HAV development then you are falling for the same trap as basilic, that being judging without having any actual experience or knowledge - which we established previously with you - to support your claim.
I didn't mention narrow or wide. What I mentioned is shape. Apparently your foot is not mirror-symmetric, and your foot shape is Roman type, whose big, index and middle toes are almost the same length. I went through your website then, and only season 4 has this foolish mirror-symmetric shape, while most of the others are much better shaped. I should now apologize to you as I did only click on the season 4 at the first time.
However, it's still a stupid shape, while others are more ergo fit.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

alanyu wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am
I should now apologize to you as I did only click on the season 4 at the first time.
However, it's still a stupid shape, while others are more ergo fit.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

sandbox

by sandbox

I didn't mention narrow or wide. What I mentioned is shape. Apparently your foot is not mirror-symmetric, and your foot shape is Roman type, whose big, index and middle toes are almost the same length. I went through your website then, and only season 4 has this foolish mirror-symmetric shape, while most of the others are much better shaped. I should now apologize to you as I did only click on the season 4 at the first time.
However, it's still a stupid shape, while others are more ergo fit.[/b]
Holy chit man, let it go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skyliner1004

by skyliner1004

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 am
basilic wrote:
The overhead shot of you black shoes does make my big toe hurt just looking at it. Pictures of your other shoes indicate that the soles are not that symmetrical, so maybe show them as well for this model? or show shoes that have been worn and adapted to an actual foot?
I'm a little confused on what you're asking for here? Feedback that the shoe is comfortable? We have that from people on here and all around the world - with all different types of feet (and phalanx lengths). But by the same token are we at no point proclaiming to have a shoe that will be the best fitting shoe anyone will ever wear. I'm not sure many brands would be looking to make that claim. All we want to do is add to the options of great shoes that are out there with a kick that is (foremost) comfortable, stiff enough to perform and with some options for flair (if that is also a consideration).

You say your toe hurts just by looking at them. While you're welcome to your opinion this is like saying a certain bike looks <insert opinion> without having ever ridden it... As for shots of people in the shoes, there are pics all across our site, Instagram, Facebook and now YouTube channel of them in action.

basilic wrote:
What I miss from your site is some facts about width at the metatarsal heads (Lake do that very well).
We have requested this many times from the factory, they have simply ignored us. We're close to paying them a visit (as this helps with business relations) so will ask then. It seems like the request is getting a little lost in translation. It's easy for Lake to do it, they own their factory. Counter point to this though is that I have my own database of foot lengths and widths - with the size shoe they fit. I have that sizing guide on the site (which perhaps you have missed?) and there have been customers I have recommended against VeloKicks as their feet have been too narrow for our shoes.
basilic wrote:
Comparing your shoes to other brands is not helpful.
Happy to disagree there.
basilic wrote:
Spesh fits different according to model year. Northwave used to be wide and then suddely shrunk. Bont fit completely differently from other brands. If you posted actual inside width one would know if it's likely to fit or not, you may get more traffic.
Specialized have gotten a little more aggressive in the width, last length has not changed for years. Northwave length again has not changed - nor has Bont. Who, off the shelf, fit basically the same (with the option then to mould). Again if you read the sizing guide and product details you would find what we offer is a shoe that fit "on par" in length with other brands. We just offer more volume than some.

My hope is none of this comes across as personal (with all the quotes) however the info is on the site - it's a little disappointing to be misrepresented. That said, perhaps there's a point that it needs to be even more explicit :beerchug:
Not much to contribute here, as i'm not currently in the market for a shoe, and am not a podiatrist. Just a passing forum member whos remotely interested. Aparently, its tough to disagree with Tinea Pedis; if you do, you get this wall of text in reply lol
2018 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Disc Dura-Ace
Conti SS + Gp5000
3t Ernova Team
Garmin 520 Plus
Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Ti
15lb 15oz