VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

dereksmalls wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Thanks for the update Nick. My stupid work email blocked your email so I had no idea what it said. :noidea: I'm still more than happy to wait and still look forward to getting them, eagerly anticipated still. :thumbup:
I'll try and screen cap and send it through.

It was hard crafting an email heading that would not trigger spam filters (I was very aware of this), looks like we still ran foul of a few. Apologies. Production very close now. Very frustrating for all though when the factory still won't put a date on it. Our apologies.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

My shoes arrived this morning and look HOT AF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

velov

by velov

Looking at the first pic for a second I thought they were the old Fizik R1s.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Ceratinly similar, no doubts. Only without a super vague heel, better cleat drilling position, midfoot fit and significantly less sticker price. So I guess same but different :lol:

Also, many thanks for the patience on these. We're not going to do another pre-sale. We hit every issue possible, down to the corona virus backing up Aussie customs processing and even the courier delaying local delivery a week due to some absurd paperwork (that we needed to complete but did not even know existed). My goodness.

But pre-orders are making their way rapidly around the world. And we now have the model fully in stock. Some items on clearance too if anyone is looking for a quick bargain.

Apologies again. Back to packing shoes!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Double post. What a mess :frightened:

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Just ordered some Neros...lookinig forward to seeing how they fit

Bondurant

by Bondurant

And received them today. First impressions very good, looking forward to my first cycle with them.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Apologies for the lack of updates. And thrilled you're enjoying the Neros Bondurant.

We finally have a MTB model coming. Pre-order will be open for them BUT unlike last time I'll ensure we have a much more concrete completion date for them. But exciting times that we will finally have a SPD model and will be $199 AUD.

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

Very excited to hear about an MTB shoe, please keep us updated. I bought a pair of white dials about a month a go. I really like the fit, probably one of the best fitting road shoes I have used. My only complaint is the soles are not as stiff when compared to my Specialized shoes. However, the fit is superior. Looking forward to future iterations of your products.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

We didn't go for ultimate stiffness inthe carbon sole. And we figured after they were worn to victory in the 2019 Aussie national road race championships

https://youtu.be/-y5qgSYYmgE?t=994

they are plenty stiff enough for all us lesser mortals :lol:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Well, initially after being a 'early buyer' for the Season 4 Velokicks, and being a grumpy turd with the delays, backed out and asked for a refund.

Doh :unbelievable: Not quite sure what the grumpiness was on my part, but a dufus moment for sure. Oh well, and apologies Nick !! :P

Anyway, after looking at other options, just put in an order for not only the Season 4 road shoes that I backed out on, but a pair of the Lactic MTB shoes as well.

Supporting Aussies :thumbup:

Looking fwd to getting them in the mail and using them. My multi-year old LG100 road shoes are getting very tired, and the Mavic MTB shoes that I bought as a stop-gap are annoying me, as they a a tad big.

Velokick time !! :mrgreen:

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

I have been wearing my Neros since they arrived in the preorder. I also wear Bont VayporS shoes and quite often I prefer to wear my Neros for the comfort factor. I highly recommend them.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I missed these while on my hiatus.. Look awesome love the campagnolo design!
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:18 am
Well, initially after being a 'early buyer' for the Season 4 Velokicks, and being a grumpy turd with the delays, backed out and asked for a refund.

Doh :unbelievable: Not quite sure what the grumpiness was on my part, but a dufus moment for sure. Oh well, and apologies Nick !! :P

Anyway, after looking at other options, just put in an order for not only the Season 4 road shoes that I backed out on, but a pair of the Lactic MTB shoes as well.

Supporting Aussies :thumbup:

Looking fwd to getting them in the mail and using them. My multi-year old LG100 road shoes are getting very tired, and the Mavic MTB shoes that I bought as a stop-gap are annoying me, as they a a tad big.

Velokick time !! :mrgreen:
Terrific to have you back! And lead times...my goodness. They age me. We're trying to get on top of it however (and this is a good 'problem' to have, per se) it's still tricky as sales have increased considerably. So we're still in a battle to ensure we have enough stock. Anyone who has read Shoe Dog (the story of Nike) will understand the issue we face.

But we're certainly getting there and I've moved into the business full time to help it grow. Scary moment but had to be done to deliver all we have planned for 2021.

Really apprciate the support.
I have been wearing my Neros since they arrived in the preorder. I also wear Bont VayporS shoes and quite often I prefer to wear my Neros for the comfort factor. I highly recommend them.
I can certainly see how this is the case. The Bont are Nero have two very different use cases so one of each would mean you're covered for everything.
I missed these while on my hiatus.. Look awesome love the campagnolo design!
Cheers. Was meant to be for their main media man and his off-sider for their photoshoots. But he then moved on to a different job so we had two pairs of Campag approved kicks and didn't know what to do with them :lol:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I would defo look at these next when my lake 332s die
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com