VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:53 am
What size are you? Bigger than a 48?

In manufacturing we started with 39-46, then every size we add outside of that is $2000 extra. Per size. We have added 38 and 47. We sadly don't have the capital to add a 48 or 49 at present. Or a 37.
Yes sir, my feet are about 31.1cm x 11.8cm so I'm 49 in Shimano, 50 in Bonts and I reckon Specialized 49 would work, too.

I understand that making bigger shoes is not profitable for smaller companies (not really profitable for bigger companies either but they have to do it anyway just to fill the gap) and I'm not blaming anyone for that. The biggest problem is not being able to try the shoes out locally before buying. Europe doesn't really sell shoes that big, the closest country that does is the UK and I already had to return one pair before due to sizing issues.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Totally understand your frustrations. Put it this way, if we get big enough to afford it we will have shoes in a vast range of sizes.

Until then, brands like Lake and Luck (I believe) will do a size that large.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Received the matching socks. Matchy-matchy sock doping.
Attachments
SAM_4311.JPG
SAM_4312.JPG
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

congrats nick , hope for continual success on this endeavor for ya!

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Just arrived. Bolting up some cleats to try them on tomorrow's ride!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Sensational. Be sure to tag our account on Instagram, we love sharing pics from around the world on our insta stories.

TimW

by TimW

Placed an order for some Blanco lace-ups a couple of days ago. No shipping update yet but looking forward to then. Never seen another pair here in the UK yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jorisee01

by jorisee01

You offer no speedplay specific shoes right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

TimW wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Placed an order for some Blanco lace-ups a couple of days ago. No shipping update yet but looking forward to then. Never seen another pair here in the UK yet.

Edited: ordered Wednesday (so missed pick up time) and they were not able to be sent out yesterday, going out today. You'll get a fulfilment email with tracking. We do state the lead times on the site for shipping - apologies. Can count on one hand how many pairs we have in the UK, so you'll certainly be in some unique kicks.

No SP offering and likely won't happen. The costs associated with a 4-hole drilling sole (plus holding stock) are sadly far too high for us. Not able to use the adapter? That's what I run (I use the aero SP on my lace ups for TTs).
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shimmeD

by shimmeD

When I was rocking (literally as well) Speedplay, in lieu of the plate I used a Northwave adapter (with some mods) with minimal increase in stack. I described how on an older thread and over time a few people have asked me about it.
Less is more.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

There are some excellent mods out there (like ShimmeD states) which is another reason why we're not really going to explore 4-hole drilling any time soon. It's a massive cost given there are some great solutions for it.

TimW

by TimW

Tinea Pedis wrote:
TimW wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Edited: ordered Wednesday (so missed pick up time) and they were not able to be sent out yesterday, going out today. You'll get a fulfilment email with tracking. We do state the lead times on the site for shipping - apologies. Can count on one hand how many pairs we have in the UK, so you'll certainly be in some unique kicks.

No SP offering and likely won't happen. The costs associated with a 4-hole drilling sole (plus holding stock) are sadly far too high for us. Not able to use the adapter? That's what I run (I use the aero SP on my lace ups for TTs).
Cool thanks for the reply. Forgot the huge time difference.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Tinea Pedis wrote:There are some excellent mods out there (like ShimmeD states) which is another reason why we're not really going to explore 4-hole drilling any time soon. It's a massive cost given there are some great solutions for it.
Ok. Thanks. I will look into that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Few new custom designs we've done recently. This first pair we named Wedding Kicks. The owner had the work commissioned to include the logo from his wedding. Genius idea really. He gets to sneak a new pair of kicks in to the collection while telling the significant other 'look how much the special day means to me' :lol: truly came up a treat, even the painter was a little surprised at how much pop they had.

Second pair for a customer who wanted something a little different. Requested some skulls. Painter had only just finished some work for a bikie who - you guessed it - had wanted skulls. So this was right in his wheelhouse.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

We just dropped Season 3 so thought I would share with y'all. Already copped some blowback for the big text but hey, everything before this was small so why not. Happy with this one.

Oh and the BMC TMR01 I was on is pretty damn impressive too.

Enjoy.