VeloKicks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

Nick, can you give any insights or projected timeline for the next iteration?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Hoping for a drop around the time of the (current) TdF dates, so July.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:48 am
MichaelB wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:18 am
Well, initially after being a 'early buyer' for the Season 4 Velokicks, and being a grumpy turd with the delays, backed out and asked for a refund.

Doh :unbelievable: Not quite sure what the grumpiness was on my part, but a dufus moment for sure. Oh well, and apologies Nick !! :P

Anyway, after looking at other options, just put in an order for not only the Season 4 road shoes that I backed out on, but a pair of the Lactic MTB shoes as well.

Supporting Aussies :thumbup:

Looking fwd to getting them in the mail and using them. My multi-year old LG100 road shoes are getting very tired, and the Mavic MTB shoes that I bought as a stop-gap are annoying me, as they a a tad big.

Velokick time !! :mrgreen:
Terrific to have you back! And lead times...my goodness. They age me. We're trying to get on top of it however (and this is a good 'problem' to have, per se) it's still tricky as sales have increased considerably. So we're still in a battle to ensure we have enough stock. Anyone who has read Shoe Dog (the story of Nike) will understand the issue we face.

But we're certainly getting there and I've moved into the business full time to help it grow. Scary moment but had to be done to deliver all we have planned for 2021.

Really apprciate the support.
Haven't ridden the Season 4's yet, but have taken the Lactic's for a ride. Love em'. Only comment re the Lactic shoes was that I had to move the cleats full inboard so I could have a few mm to clear the cranks, other than that, fine.

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 pm
Hoping for a drop around the time of the (current) TdF dates, so July.
:beerchug:

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Is width information available? I don't see it listed at https://velo-kicks.com.au/pages/sizing-and-shoefit .

Have you though about custom width, or if not, offering wide or extra wide? Custom cleat placement (at least part way toward mid-foot)?

jever98

by jever98

HammerTime2 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:16 pm
Custom cleat placement (at least part way toward mid-foot)?
+1
----
No longer in the industry

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

HammerTime2 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:16 pm
Is width information available? I don't see it listed at https://velo-kicks.com.au/pages/sizing-and-shoefit .

Have you though about custom width, or if not, offering wide or extra wide? Custom cleat placement (at least part way toward mid-foot)?
Width isn't listed as it's nigh impossible to quantify. We've created around what would be a half size in a lot of brands. To the point where I do have the odd enquiry that I have to inform that our shoes would be too wide for their foot. Which answers the question re: wide. As for extra wide and custom cleat placements, sure. Would love to. If you're raising the capital for us. This isn't a shot at you, but people (generally) seem to be under the impression we're a massive company.

We are two guys who started a shoe brand. Self funded. It's taken three years and some pretty average life circumstances for me to jump into the business full time. So there's that layer of cost too, paying me a base salary to try and scale. There's a lot we would love to do with VeloKicks but funding is a very real constraint. I'd counter: why aren't the bigger brands with 10,000x our revenue doing this sort of stuff. Hell some of them don't even have cleat sliders. On shoes that are nearly twice the price of ours (nevermind the lower unit price from their economy of scale).

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

First hand experience, my Nero shoes are wider and fit me better width-wise than my Bont VayporS in Wide fitting (same size in both shoes).

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Just saw these pop up on the website, knit shoe from VeloKicks:

velokicks.cc/collections/all/products/velokicks-flow-knit-white-road-cycling-shoes

Details are a bit scarce atm, but expect that to be updated soon. The closure lacing looks different to the Blanco dials. Good to see new products popping Nick!
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Alex222

by Alex222

istigatrice wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 am
Just saw these pop up on the website, knit shoe from VeloKicks:

velokicks.cc/collections/all/products/velokicks-flow-knit-white-road-cycling-shoes

Details are a bit scarce atm, but expect that to be updated soon. The closure lacing looks different to the Blanco dials. Good to see new products popping Nick!
They look very nice

istigatrice

by istigatrice

aaand they've been taken down... Perhaps the page wasn't quite ready which may have been why the details were limited.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Holy cow you guys are fast! I should have know Weight Weenies would be quick to it.

Accidentally went live for a few hours. Were on my feet for road nats road race two weeks ago. Are sailing their way to us...cannot wait to release them! Not just an excellent summer shoe but ideal for indoors cycling as well. A lot of air flow, meaning they are also dry really rather fast (moisture is major issue for shoes that see a lot of indoor use).

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

My hand is hovering over refresh. Definitely been searching for knit shoes (that fit) to use primarily indoors.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Was a little inadvertant the indoor use for them, initial samples arrived mid winter and about 60 seconds outside made it clear they were too ventilated for a Melbourne winters day. However, indoors. Awesome. Got the air flow and dried in no time. Have had some nasty shots sent through to us from riders with all kinds of brands that have managed some incredible damage to shoes when combining sweat, indoor riding and not enough time to dry. The latter partially a function of the upper material. Rider sweat rate isn't going to change. And their post ride habits are unlikely to alter. So last variable is the upper, the knit ticks that box.

So a year round shoe...just depends on the application.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:08 pm
and not enough time to dry

Everyone who trains indoors needs a boot dryer.