Handlebar/Stem recommendation needed for Bianchi Oltre XR4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I ended up ordering a Bianchi Oltre XR4, celeste gloss, size 50 this morning. The bike will be build with Dura Ace 9150 and Zipp 404 NSW's. Now for the cockpit. I'm aware of the vision 5D integrated bar/stem that comes on some of the high end built XR4's but would like some different options. So far the bars I've looked at and liked are the Zipp SL70, Enve SES Aero, and Pro integrated bar. I'm also considering the Bontrager XXX integrated bar. Any other bar/stem I should be aware of? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

savechief

by savechief

Bianchi = Italian
Deda = Italian

This one:
http://www.dedaelementi.com/en/product/ ... =alanera-3
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

hannawald

by hannawald

Metron 5D are really great and fits the bike like gloves, including the transition from head tube to headset spacers etc. If you need something else, than choose from Pro (matches drivetrain) or Zipp (matches wheelset) so you keep the bike a bit clean.. if you put there Bontrager, it is really crazy, you are killing the aesthetics of the bike, which is probably one of the reasons why you bought it.

Boshk

by Boshk

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if the 5D works with the XR3? Destination it 'transition' seamlessly from stem to frame like the XR4?

Must admit though, for weight weenies, the combo bar stem looks awesome but pretty weighty.... At 395g??
I think something like deda superleggera combo only adds up to 280g