Buying a C60-what frame size?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I'm planning on ordering a Colnago C60 Frameset today and wanted some info regarding sizing. I'm 5'6" and currently ride a 2017 Giant TCR SL (Small) and a 2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (52), both with Speedplay pedals.
I would prefer a similar size, or slightly smaller, to my current bikes. Size 50, perhaps?
On another note, I really dislike the Colango color matched seatposts. Is it blasphemous to go with a plain black carbon seatpost?

Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Size down. A 50s Colnago is more like a 54cm. I'd suggest a 48S as more "like for like".

And the color matched seatpost seems appropriate/required only on specific color, in my opinion.

kode54

by kode54

i think you're probably a 48s based on your info.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Well that sucks! No size 48 in stock :(
My second and third option are the Pinarello F10 and Bianchi Oltre XR4. Sizing is similar to the Colango?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

corky

by corky

are you stuck with one retail outlet? If so why? ....there are plenty of Colnago stockists around the world
That would be glad to ship you a c60.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

corky wrote:are you stuck with one retail outlet? If so why? ....there are plenty of Colnago stockists around the world
That would be glad to ship you a c60.

Merlin Cycles had the Frameset on sale for $3800. Only size 48 is in white :(

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yeah, you could offer this guy a bit less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-48cm ... SwuLRZvVR4

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Imaking20 wrote:Yeah, you could offer this guy a bit less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-48cm ... SwuLRZvVR4

Not feeling the white. Besides, Merlin has the 48 in stock.

morganb

by morganb

Are you doing sloping or traditional geometry?

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

morganb wrote:Are you doing sloping or traditional geometry?

Heres a link to the C60's I was looking at.

https://www.merlincycles.com/colnago-c6 ... 93522.html

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It’s sloping if it’s a 48. The smallest traditional you can get is a 53.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

avispa

by avispa

Noctiluxx wrote:Hey guys,

I'm planning on ordering a Colnago C60 Frameset today and wanted some info regarding sizing. I'm 5'6" and currently ride a 2017 Giant TCR SL (Small) and a 2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (52), both with Speedplay pedals.
I would prefer a similar size, or slightly smaller, to my current bikes. Size 50, perhaps?
On another note, I really dislike the Colango color matched seatposts. Is it blasphemous to go with a plain black carbon seatpost?

Thanks!

I have close ties with a Colnago dealer and have seen all kinds of people buy them. If you are 5'6", I definitely say you should go with a 48s or even a 45s, depending on how aggressive you ride.
I have to agree with you these colored seatposts are not the best looking things. See if where you buying the frame will sell you or swap it for a black seatpost. My guy will do it for you. Or get a campy 31.8 searpost. It will look very good on any Colnago. PM me if I can be of help!

Cheers!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

I'm also 5' 6" and see myself riding a 45s for what it's worth. However, I've never test ridden any size Colnago.

For the record, I currently ride a 49cm Addict (w/100mm stem). I used to ride an older 49cm Addict (w/90mm stem) and before that a 50cm Madone before that (w/90mm stem).

Looks like the 2017 Giant Advanced SL in sz S is a bit bigger than my XS 49cm Addict, so I understand the 48s or maybe even 50s suggestion.

Happy biking buying! Very exciting time.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am 5'7" and ride a C60 in 48S with a 110mm stem and no spacer.
I suppose depending on your ration leg length/ torso and riding style you will go for 45S or 48S.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

5’ 6” and ride a 48s. But depends on your proportions

Interestingly the reach on a 50s isn’t that great a leap over 48s. If you are long limbed maybe 50s would work. 48s safer.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium