Swap Colnago C60 for Sarto, am I mental?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

I've seen one Sarto in the wild and it was gorgeous.

But it sounds like you are looking for a way to spend money you don't have. Buy the Sarto outright if you can afford it. If not, keep enjoying your C60 that is perfect. Personally, I'd want to ride the Sarto first before selling my C60 in case it didn't work out.

scale29

by scale29

AJS914 wrote:I've seen one Sarto in the wild and it was gorgeous.

But it sounds like you are looking for a way to spend money you don't have. Buy the Sarto outright if you can afford it. If not, keep enjoying your C60 that is perfect. Personally, I'd want to ride the Sarto first before selling my C60 in case it didn't work out.

Very judgemental, who are you to tell me how much money I may or may not have and how to spend it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Lighten up. It's not meant to be judgemental. You said in your first post that you don't have the money to buy the Sarto unless you sell the Colnago.

scale29

by scale29

Ok, you're right. That was how I phrased it. I can readily afford the Sarto, but see no reason to keep 2 almost identical bikes at the same time so would look to move the C60 on. As it is currently though, I'll probably keep it.

I am keen to join the disc brake movement at some point and until recently the Colnago solution was ugly but notice they now do a flat mount and bolt through option, although the colour options aren't rocking my world.

mrgray

by mrgray

@scale29 did this sarto ever come about? be nice to see it built and know what weight you ended up at.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

dastott

by dastott

You have a bike you love, the C60, with some of the best alloy clinchers, Mavic Exalith. I have these same wheels too, they look good for alloy clinchers and are pretty light. I have carbon tubs and carbon clinchers too and often use the Exalith wheel on the front with a carbon clincher on the back. Both wheels are black so it looks fine IMO.

scale29

by scale29

@mr gray, no not yet. Still seriously thinking about it as I’ve been riding a Di2/hydro bike all winter and convinced this is the way forward for my summer bike too.

They’re expensive and long delivery times, so I’d like to see one in person before committing.

RyanH

by RyanH

A guy I ride with has the matte grey/red dinamica. It looks fine but nothing special. I don't know if seeing one in person will help. Painted frames are hard to judge by looks IMO, it's not like a nude Z Zero or Crumpton where you get a chance to see the carbon layup.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Ditch the C60 :thumbup:

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Not metal at all. I’d take a Sarto over anything Colnago has made the last 20 years. Sarto “makes” frames tube to tube construction and stuff, whereas Colnago just buys pre-made tubes and glues them together. Hardly worthy of a price tag over $1200. Ernesto has overused his clout and clover.

Seedster

by Seedster

A shop near me carries Sarto. They are some of the most beautiful frames that are truly tailor made in Italy. You tell them how you ride, your weight, desired response and they do the rest. The weight is recorded throughout the manufacturing process from bare tubes to painted frame. My only criticism is with The paint schemes, which are kind of boring. I’d take a Sarto Seta over any Colnago C-Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Boring paint scheme ? Not so . If u goggle the images of Sarto bikes 🚲, there are pretty striking
Attachments
05323B6A-80B0-4E6E-9380-7950113D42AF.jpeg
B7673F6A-616D-47BE-825B-A8D6F0BC18B0.jpeg

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

MyM3Coupe wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 am
Sarto “makes” frames tube to tube construction and stuff, whereas Colnago just buys pre-made tubes and glues them together.
What do you think tube to tube construction is, if not just taking tubes and gluing them together?

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Maybe but if that's a good example above then Stevie Wonder's done an awful job! Holy Tower spacer batman especially for a made to measure. Keep the C60!

fordred

by fordred

lone wheeler wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:00 am
Maybe but if that's a good example above then Stevie Wonder's done an awful job! Holy Tower spacer batman especially for a made to measure. Keep the C60!
Right?
That tower of spacers is so ugly, not to mention unsafe. Sure this is a custom frame?

I'm not turned on by the paintwork either.

Colnago for me please. No 4 months lead time and better resale should you decide to change bike in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com