Campagnolo brake issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tricky1

by Tricky1

The brake is a 2011 Campy, single pivot rear caliper. The threaded bolt from the caliper (which mounts through the brake bridge) sheared off during a ride. Trying to determine if parts are available for the repair or a new caliper is necessary.

After looking at the diagram of the caliper that the bolt is imbedded in one of the arms, and isn't a simple bolt swap? Hopefully the photo attached.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Attachments
thumbnail-2.jpeg

tommasini

by tommasini

That issue is not a “typical” controversial issue (e.g. SRAM battery or shimano dura ace cassette issues) so despite its age I suspect the Campagnolo service center for your country will warranty the part/brake without much question.z

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

tommasini wrote:That issue is not a “typical” controversial issue (e.g. SRAM battery or shimano dura ace cassette issues) so despite its age I suspect the Campagnolo service center for your country will warranty the part/brake without much question.z

Not likely. Possible user error - installed with too long nut that bottomed out when tightened.

I would suggest R5 needs very short nut.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Here's another photo.

This happened today, and I haven't yet had a chance to bring the bike in for analysis. For now, I was curious if parts are available or this warranted full replacement.

Campagnolo N.A. is luckily 30 minutes from me if they need to see it, but they are out of the office til Monday. Just want to get this repaired and back on the road.
Attachments
thumbnail-3.jpeg

AJS914

by AJS914

The easiest and quickest solution may be finding a used caliper on ebay.

Tricky1

by Tricky1

[quote="AJS914"]The easiest and quickest solution may be finding a used caliper on ebay.[/quote

Probably, just curios to see my options.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Caliper pulls to bits easily.
Either get a cheapo caliper and cannibalize for the shouldered bolt, or you should be able to get one through campag.

Like valbrona says, its possible you've bottomed the nut trying to get it tight.
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com