Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
dshiels

by dshiels

Also no issue with the grey look pedals. I've also used them with the Wellgo versions

by Weenie

andyJC

by andyJC

Must be clearing the backlog ok.
I just had an email to buy and they will be delivered on Thursday.

knightskid

by knightskid

Recently check through my ride data, standing time is "0 sec, watts is Nil" since 3 weeks ago, and some ride even with 0 sec on seated but with watts value. I do know that a few rides i was standing due to steep road of 13% but is not recorded for standing time and watts.

Another thing is, L/R balance seem off at 54%/46% for few rides in the past 3 weeks. Used to be around 52%/48 or 51%/49%.

Wondering do you guys encounter it too?

johnny5o

by johnny5o

Hi - I recently purchased some Assioma Duo's and put them on my CX bike which I use with a Kickr/Zwift, as initially I wanted to check/compare power from the Kickr. Anyway, installation was a breeze and power readings were pretty much bang on with the Kickr. I've now switched the Assioma's to my main bike, and noticed that it isn't reporting the power until about 4 seconds later... have tried removing/adding from Garmin 520, it also does the same delay in Zwift (even when enabling instant power reading in settings), and I don't think this was occurring when on the CX bike. Surely, the power reporting is fairly instant(?), anyone have any thoughts on what is going on? (I don't accidentally have 3s avg turned on in garmin either).
Thanks

Edit:
Put them back on the Crux and same 3-4 delay for power reading after pedalling (and also showing power for same 3-4 secs after stopping pedaling)... maybe I didn't notice it first time, is this lag expected behavior?

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Same amount of lag for my Duo as well. I woudn't say 4 secs, more like 2 secs, but that's normal. My powermax P2 has the same lag as well.

johnny5o

by johnny5o

asiantrick wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:49 pm
Same amount of lag for my Duo as well. I woudn't say 4 secs, more like 2 secs, but that's normal. My powermax P2 has the same lag as well.
ok - thanks for that, didn't realise that would be the case, no probs.

erickr

by erickr

gplama wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:53 am
DeiviX wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:59 am
Do you remember that a person through Twitter asked you to see the measurements of the Assioma axis? It was me..
Excellent. You now need to start selling the modified bearings :)
Yes, please! Take my money. :thumbup:

liketoride

by liketoride

i also would like to know how to get the speedplay body on it please

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

liketoride wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:18 pm
i also would like to know how to get the speedplay body on it please
Me too!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti, Parlee, Donhou, Various others

liam7020

by liam7020

Installed my new Assioma Uno yesterday with no difficulties - pedals charged up, linked up to the app on my phone and my Edge 830 with no problems and I haven't experience any issues clicking in and out with my Keo Grip cleats.

Torrential rain here today so I stuck the TT bike on to my Elite Qubo trainer to do some intervals. Now I know the Qubo is bargain basement in terms of power measurement but it has given consistent readings and wasn't very far off when I compared it to a friend's Quarq. I had always reckoned it overestimated my power output by maybe 30-40 watts but as a training tool it has always ben consistent as I mentioned.

I was keen to compare the Qubo to the measurements produced by the Assioma and sure enough at warm-up intensity there was 20-25 watts difference between the two readings. Fair enough. However at higher intensities the differential was considereably higher, up to 90 watts. For example at 95% max heart rate the Assioma wasn't even cracking 200 watts. Now I ain't the youngest, strongest or fittest cyclist but that doesn't seem quite right to me. Is there something I've missed in setting up the Assioma? Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

nismosr

by nismosr

any of you guys receive any update yet when are they shipping ?
Colnago C64 Mapei - Campagnolo SR11 EPS - Campagnolo Bora WTO 60 - P2Max
3T Strada Due - Sram Force AXS Etap
Basso Diamante - Campagnolo SR11 EPS - Lightweight Meilenstein - P2Max

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

nismosr wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm

You may want to check ecommerce sites rather than just Favero direct. A US-based online shop has them in stock now for example.

nismosr

by nismosr

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:19 pm
nismosr wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm

You may want to check ecommerce sites rather than just Favero direct. A US-based online shop has them in stock now for example.
do you know which US online shop ? Clevertraining is out and powermetercity is out too and they charging $720 for the dual.
Colnago C64 Mapei - Campagnolo SR11 EPS - Campagnolo Bora WTO 60 - P2Max
3T Strada Due - Sram Force AXS Etap
Basso Diamante - Campagnolo SR11 EPS - Lightweight Meilenstein - P2Max

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

nismosr wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:22 pm

do you know which US online shop ? Clevertraining is out and powermetercity is out too and they charging $720 for the dual.

I guess Clever Training sold out again. They sent out an e-mail on Sunday proclaiming they were back in stock.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Our local bike shop received a shipment of over 10 sets of Duo's last week. All are now sold out, and they are waiting on their next shipment from Favero. Looks like they are working through the backlog right now.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg)

by Weenie