Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
robertbb

by robertbb

How does one do a static weight test with the Assiomas? I'm interested.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Static test can be done using Favero app. Go in settings on static weight option and check the link im sending (u will find same link when u go in static weight option)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6U-8D ... QLQz4/view

mf22433

by mf22433

RedbullFiXX wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm
Should re-callibrate after update
Haven't noticed any change after update here either
Thanks for the replies, I'll tell my friend to recalibrate.

robertbb

by robertbb

3Pio wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:40 am
Static test can be done using Favero app. Go in settings on static weight option and check the link im sending (u will find same link when u go in static weight option)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6U-8D ... QLQz4/view

Awesome, thank you mate!

3Pio

by 3Pio

mf22433 wrote:
RedbullFiXX wrote:
And also always reset them after the firmware update.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Just make sure you have a very accurate weight. I use a lab reference 20kg weight, and the strap I use to hang it from pedals has been weighed precisely as well, so total weight of strap and weight is used to calibrate. Also I did the static weight test 3 times for each side and averaged. You need to be careful to hang weights from middle of pedal surface and don't let strap or hanger touch outside of that. Also make sure weight has stopped moving before proceeding. (It tends to pendulum after hanging).

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

mf22433

by mf22433

3Pio wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 am
mf22433 wrote:
RedbullFiXX wrote:
And also always reset them after the firmware update.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
OK thanks !

Nikoras

by Nikoras

Resurrecting this thread for a cleat question.

Once upon a time I switched from Shimano yellow cleats (6 degree float), to blue cleats (2 degree float). I LOVED the difference. I felt more connected to the bike and the float is so minimal that I don't feel squishy like I do in the yellows. It even improved the way my knees feel after rides.

I intend to get myself some fancy new powermeter pedals, but they use look cleats. Should I use the Black cleats (0 degree float) or Grey cleats (4.5 degree float)

It seems to me that I should go for the black cleats if I hated the way the 6 degree shimanos felt, but I'm wondering if those 2 degrees from the blues weren't saving me from some unknown knee pain that I have yet to experience. Which should I try?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I wore zero-float cleats for a while, but I was having to crank down the cleat retension on pedals to make sure I didn't clip out during sprints. I went back to 4.5deg cleats.

kevinw

by kevinw

mf22433 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:13 am
jencvo wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:42 pm
Anybody notices Assiomas reading low? I ran Kickr Core yesterday and turned the pedals on as well. Both devices were calibrated and firmware updated. Assiomas were reading about 25-30W lower, which was super surprising. It was an easy ride so easy to estimate the effort and I've been riding with different power meters for 2 years so I know what 2W/kg feels like. Assiomas were reading 30W lower at that. Any ideas?
A friend of mine using Assioma also noticed what he thought was low reading after 4.25 update, as he was ridding on the road with only the Assioma, he could not compare to another powermeter. However, he noticed a clear unbalanced L/R distribution: he usually has 51/49% and this ride was suddenly 57/43%.

Is there any feedback from Favero on this? Is this isolated cases?
I've had both of my spindles replaced for a similar issue now but it has nothing to do with the 4.25 update as my issue predated that. My right pedal started drifting low during a ride after 6 months and then my right pedal started doing it after 18 months. Glad I went for dual power because at least its obvious someting is going wrong.

Warranty replacement through favero went without a hitch so no issues what so ever with the service. The fact that both of mine have gone wrong in the same way even though there does not seem to be loads of reports of affected users probably points to either a production batch issue or something odd with my usage.

liketoride

by liketoride

so i have had a couple of weeks of practice and clipping into he xpedo sl bodies is much harder than the stock pedal bodies. just in cases anyone wanted a comparison of the two.

dooglehead2

by dooglehead2

liketoride wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:29 pm
so i have had a couple of weeks of practice and clipping into he xpedo sl bodies is much harder than the stock pedal bodies. just in cases anyone wanted a comparison of the two.
I was curious about that. Do you have the adjustable version? if so, I assume you tried adjusting the tension?

I'm considering doing the same thing, but I might take a ~8g penalty with the Thrust 8's normal spring.

liketoride

by liketoride

no the spring is really good, it is getting into the front of the pedal. it is flat and there is very little room for error. you have to find this little hole and be perfect or you miss clipping in. the stock ones have a taller lip to help self guild the pedal to clip in. very easy to clip in i feel with the stock pedal bodies. the spring on the SL bodies are nice but after a couple of weeks of using the SL i still cannot clip in nicely. havent done a group ride but feel i would get dropped just cause i cannot clip in.

liketoride

by liketoride

after looking at the thrust 8's i feel those would be easier to clip in with because it has a raised lip on the front. I should have gotten those

mattsurf

by mattsurf

Found some reduces Xpedo SL Titanium pedals with 30% reduction.

Putting the Assioma axle into the Xpedo body required a minor adjustment to the drive side washer, I carefully sanded 0.6mm off this to get the spacing correct

Original weight of Assioma 282g
Image20200201_064634 by mspooner64, on Flickr

Switched body with Xpedo SL and kept Titanium axle on Right pedal 219g
Image20200201_071247 by mspooner64, on Flickr