Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

The other bearings run on their own race but the needle bearing runs directly on the spinde. I suspect the spindle is not soft and maybe there is plenty of grease that would prevent further issues.

All I can say is that it appears to be a simple swap but again, I have no proof of this. If you do this, keep us updated with the results.

tiz92

by tiz92

Chaunch wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:42 am
I am considering purchasing the Duo's. I appreciate all of your insight here, but easy (for me) to get lost in some of the details. Looking for an accurate, simple and reliable power meter. Would you all purchase the Assimoa again? Or would you go with a crank based power meter or a different pedal system? Thanks!!
Using them for 2 years now without any issue. Would buy 100% again and I ride a lot (22.000 km and 200.000m elevation per year). Although if you want a really lightweight build other options are maybe better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Any wahoo users notice any issues with avg cadence since the last update? My avg cadence displayed in the wahoo companion app shows 65 but when uploaded to strava it is 85. The previous rides all matched between the two apps

TribesMan

by TribesMan

Yeah, same here... do they include zeros in avg cadence by default?

mgrl

by mgrl

I take it back about the Duo Shi, the massively increased Q factor is apparently perfect to get rid of my hip issues on the TT bike

dmp

by dmp

I just got the Assoima uno and have left my previous Look Keo blade Ti on the right crank arm, for a weight savings of about 36g. SO far I can't say that I notice any difference in riding, and the power data is working perfectly with my Wahoo Elemnt. I have found, however, that unclipping from the Assioma is MUCH different (and harder than with the Looks, and that is even with the tension reduced. Any hints? The first time I rode I fell over because I couldnt get out fast enough when I had to come to a sudden stop (how humiliating!!). I have grey Look Keo pedals (not the ones with the walking pads), not very worn. The Looks are the 12 nM ones.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

Not much you can do about it, thats the way it is.
From my experience using the cleats supplied with Assiomas will make the clip in and out a bit easier, but those cleats don't work with look pedals very well.

I got used to it in a few weeks... now it does not bother me at all.

Takeswood

by Takeswood

AZR3 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Any wahoo users notice any issues with avg cadence since the last update? My avg cadence displayed in the wahoo companion app shows 65 but when uploaded to strava it is 85. The previous rides all matched between the two apps
Same here, I have opened a ticket on Wahoo website for this issue. I have sent .fit and screeshot of wahoo and strava to compare avg cadence. And their response is : "This is an issue we are aware of and we have opened an internal ticket with our development team to investigate and resolve the problem.". That was in august.

It's not a big issue, but enough to annoy me.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

dmp wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:15 am
I just got the Assoima uno and have left my previous Look Keo blade Ti on the right crank arm, for a weight savings of about 36g. SO far I can't say that I notice any difference in riding, and the power data is working perfectly with my Wahoo Elemnt. I have found, however, that unclipping from the Assioma is MUCH different (and harder than with the Looks, and that is even with the tension reduced. Any hints? The first time I rode I fell over because I couldnt get out fast enough when I had to come to a sudden stop (how humiliating!!). I have grey Look Keo pedals (not the ones with the walking pads), not very worn. The Looks are the 12 nM ones.

Mine loosened up after using for a few weeks. Also spray a little light lube(oil) on the spring.

My uno's are now lower tension then shimano pedals I came from. I've settled on look black cleats with the walking pad. Black cleats still have float in these pedals I would compare it to shimano blue, about 2 degree.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

dmp wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:15 am

Completely back out the tension screw, then wind it back in.

sib

by sib

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Assioma Duos with pedal extenders?

TribesMan

by TribesMan

Yes

dmp

by dmp

Tobin- great advice- that really helped! More than just reducing the tension. Thanks!

Another question. Since I presume cadence and speed data can be obtained from the pedals, do I need the sensor on the bike and the magnet on the wheel anymore?

johnrho

by johnrho

dmp wrote:Tobin- great advice- that really helped! More than just reducing the tension. Thanks!

Another question. Since I presume cadence and speed data can be obtained from the pedals, do I need the sensor on the bike and the magnet on the wheel anymore?
Nope it’s all in one. Once you pair to your computer it’ll recognize that it emits both power and cadence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cletero

by cletero

strummer82 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:35 pm
Butcher wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:32 pm
I looked into this because I'm a huge Speedplay fan and would love to get back on them again. It appears that you just unbolt the body and install the Speedplay body. I've been trying to find a used set so I can confirm this, but the surfaces that the bearings ride on are the same dimensions. The tiny needle bearing at the base of the body would need to ride on a harden surface and I do not know if the Assioma are.
Interesting. I did just get a used set, so I can give it a shot. I'm just a little leery of potential damage to the Assioma spindle.
If you do this, please let us know! I guess the Assiomas use bushings instead of needle bearings, I'm unsure as to which of bushing or needle bearings require a harder surface, but if unsure, you could get a machine shop to swap the bearings inside the Speedplay pedals for bushings.

But, once again, do show us the progress if you are succesfull, and any changes in dimensions (hate to mention Q factor once again haha).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com