Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

deepakvrao wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:50 am
3Pio wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:59 pm
Ok, here it is a problem again.

Last charge i had about 1000 km, and about 50 hours on both pedals.

But after last charge, after only 3 rides (250 km), and and about 10 hours of riding, right pedal is draining faster rate then left one again (right pedal is half battery drained allready), left one is ok.
Hi,

Same issue here, with the left pedal. Twice it has drained MUCH faster than the right, and yes, travel mode is inconsistent for me. Once it worked, and the other time that I tried it, only one pedal switched off.

Both the times I had left pedal drain was after I had tried the travel mode. Will test now without touching that travel mode.

Mine problem has started after installing BETA Firmware and in same time first rain ride.. So i was not sure what produce the problem... I send e-mail to Favero and the first reply was very gentle and helpfull..

They wanted to discharge completely, then to charge full few hours.. Then for every ride to connect to app before the ride, and after ride, and to write down the time/date and to send them. (i guess they have log and can see if there is problem or not).

Until i completely discharge it took about 10 days from that period (i made a mistake i charge full before writing the email with complain to them), then another 20 days from full charge to full discharge...

Ok, i send them log to them, now someone else replied me and in less helpfull manner...They confirmed that there is some problem and insisted to send them pedals to them and they said it will took around 10 working days since they got it on the mail (which mean for me at least 30-40 days without Power Meter).

So no good option for me, so since there is 2 years warranty and no problems with left one, i decided to use it until winter or period im off bike, then to send them if problem still continue.. But made some other tests my self, and in meanwhile i upgrade to latest Non Beta Firmware...

I realized that Travel mode doesnt work for me at all, so started to think that maybe battery drain is software problem...

I reset firmware and VOILA... Travel mode DOES WORK now... Battery drain happened just once more with new firmware, but i reset the firmware again, and since then no problems (and more then 900 km on one charge, and both pedals are discharging same )

Another possible reason for Battery drain could be that im cleaning my bike every 1000-1500 km (about every month), and remove the crankset to check BB and bearings.. So left and right crankset arm can be separate in different rooms... So i realized that separating left/right maybe produce that battery drain...

Since last charge and firmware reset, everything work fine (and almost 10000 km on pedals)..

So try to reset ur firmware, and please tell me if by any chance u separated left/right pedals for few hours or more?

This is the resseting firmware procedure:

Restart the internal firmware of the sensors by completing the following steps:

1 - Disconnect the magnetic connector from the USB cable (considering in this case that you are using one magnetic connector for the recharge, you need to use the second one for the suggested operation)
2 - Place and keep in that position the magnetic connector on the plastic case of the sensor, where it is reported the text "FAVERO Electronics".
3 - Wait at least 15 seconds, always keeping the magnetic connector in that position (in the meanwhile you should see that the LEDs will switch on one by one and also all together)

After the suggested check, please recharge completely both sensors and keep monitored the battery level in occasion of your next ride sessions.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

3Pio wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:15 pm

1 - Disconnect the magnetic connector from the USB cable (considering in this case that you are using one magnetic connector for the recharge, you need to use the second one for the suggested operation)
2 - Place and keep in that position the magnetic connector on the plastic case of the sensor, where it is reported the text "FAVERO Electronics".
3 - Wait at least 15 seconds, always keeping the magnetic connector in that position (in the meanwhile you should see that the LEDs will switch on one by one and also all together)

After the suggested check, please recharge completely both sensors and keep monitored the battery level in occasion of your next ride sessions.

Got a similar mail from Favero. Reset the firmware but again had issue of extra drain on one pedal. Have again done the reset and kept for charging. Hoping for the best. I live in India and sending and getting pedals is not easy. Idiots here charge customs duty 0f 43% even on warranty replacements.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Anyone getting occasional 1-2s dropouts to both power and cadence with their pedals? I'll get a handful on a 3 hour ride. Not terrible, but my Vectors 2s and 3s don't suffer temporary dropouts at all.

robertbb

by robertbb

Never had any drop-outs of any kind, indoor or outdoor.

I use a trusty Edge 500 (and wouldn't change to anything else even if it was given to me).

AZR3

by AZR3

No drop outs for me either and I’m running a Wahoo Elmnt Bolt

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Been using them for about 2 months now, no drop outs whatsoever.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

3Pio

by 3Pio

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am
Anyone getting occasional 1-2s dropouts to both power and cadence with their pedals? I'll get a handful on a 3 hour ride. Not terrible, but my Vectors 2s and 3s don't suffer temporary dropouts at all.
No dropouts here as well.. Have Favero's for almost year and 11000 km...

I notice sometimes on long downhills there is small delay until cadence start working (i guess maybe power save mode) when i start pedaling again..

I use Garmin Edge 520 (i have this from August 2016, and very satisfied for now)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

3Pio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 am

No dropouts here as well.. Have Favero's for almost year and 11000 km...

I notice sometimes on long downhills there is small delay until cadence start working (i guess maybe power save mode) when i start pedaling again..

I use Garmin Edge 520 (i have this from August 2016, and very satisfied for now)

It's just a handful, like 3-4 very short drops over the span of 3 hours. The power and cadence both flash zero and then return a second later. I'm using an Edge 1030. I didn't notice it until yesterday because that was the first time I actually saw it on the display.

C36

by C36

What do people think of the Torque Effectiveness and Pedal Smoothness measurements?
Those types of indicators are unique of pedal based PM, used on some of the most advanced fitting offers (used by few protour teams when fitting their riders) but those with Assioma pedals, do you use them? Got surprises? Changed the pedalling gesture?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

My T/E and P/S are the same between my Assiomas and Vector 3s, so that's good. I have done almost nothing to my pedal stroke based only on reviewing those values. They go up when I'm climbing or under power constantly, less if I'm "just riding along" at tempo or below, then my power phase starts exactly at TDC and ends at about 30deg past BDC.

I did note some power phase issues in Cycling Dynamics using Vector 3s. Only recently have I have attempted to correct that issue, but I couldn't tell you for sure if its been beneficial. It does look a "prettier" having nearly identical power phases between right and left though...

C36

by C36

TobinHatesYou wrote:My T/E and P/S are the same between my Assiomas and Vector 3s, so that's good. I have done almost nothing to my pedal stroke based only on reviewing those values. They go up when I'm climbing or under power constantly, less if I'm "just riding along" at tempo or below, then my power phase starts exactly at TDC and ends at about 30deg past BDC.

I did note some power phase issues in Cycling Dynamics using Vector 3s. Only recently have I have attempted to correct that issue, but I couldn't tell you for sure if its been beneficial. It does look a "prettier" having nearly identical power phases between right and left though...
Thanks, out of curiosity, paying attention to the gesture can you « improve » the T/E and P/S ? Anquetil « secret » on TT was « I just focus to make perfect circles with the pedals », wonder how easy or difficult is to change the gesture.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 am

Thanks, out of curiosity, paying attention to the gesture can you « improve » the T/E and P/S ? Anquetil « secret » on TT was « I just focus to make perfect circles with the pedals », wonder how easy or difficult is to change the gesture.

I can improve T/E and P/S by pedaling at a lower cadence and trying to make perfect circles. However this fatigues me quicker at threshold / vo2max as I am emphasizing muscles that are not only less developed via lack of adaptation, but also because my calf muscles are far smaller than my glutes or quads.

3Pio

by 3Pio

deepakvrao wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 am
3Pio wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Got a similar mail from Favero. Reset the firmware but again had issue of extra drain on one pedal. Have again done the reset and kept for charging. Hoping for the best. I live in India and sending and getting pedals is not easy. Idiots here charge customs duty 0f 43% even on warranty replacements.

I got third time same issue since i got them.. This days is snow outside so not too much riding outdoor (only 80 km in last 15 days), so i have to ride indoor on trainer.. Today in the middle of TR ride, i got the same problem.. As first though that is TR or ANT+ issue, until i connected to charger to realize Right Pedal is totaly empty again.. Left one almost full charge, and i charged them both (i alway charge them both, and overnight), just few days ago..

And TR screenshot where the lost of power happened:

I wonder, did u had the same problem again? Sending them to Favero and back is also problem for me (since i'll be without Power Meter which i use for my Training), at least 30-40 days, and also Customs problem (will have to pay tax +custom again) + Shipping....

But as i understund they can see the status of the pedals remote, checking the app we use and they can get logs to detect if there is problem or not.. So i guess not needed to have them in their office's....

The whole point of Power Meter is consistency, and not beeing without one for longer period.. The fact that Faveros are user servicable easy, and having remote access to check logs, seem that they can offer quick solution for customers if there is a problem like this and of course if they want to.....

Hope real world support is on level with product, and birocracy or bad support wont ruin otherwise very good product....

MrMojo

by MrMojo

I have recently got the Assioma Duo pedals and are using a Wahoo Bolt computer. Is there any way of displaying the power from each pedal on the Bolt rather than just the total power? I can’t seem to find that option on the Wahoo iOS App when setting up the computer.
2021 Colnago Master
2020 Colnago C64
2017 Colnago C60
2017 Colnago V1-R
2014 Cipollini RB1K
2008 Colnago Extreme C
2005 Colnago C50
2001 Colnago C40
1996 Colnago Tecnos

markyboy

by markyboy

MrMojo wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 pm
I have recently got the Assioma Duo pedals and are using a Wahoo Bolt computer. Is there any way of displaying the power from each pedal on the Bolt rather than just the total power? I can’t seem to find that option on the Wahoo iOS App when setting up the computer.
Not sure,i am just trying to find my way around with the pedals and the bolt.
My pedals turned up today and they seem very nice quality,i have set them up and its all good apart from i cant seem to get the crank length on the head unit any ideal?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com