Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIK4F9xcA-Q

Not wanting to watch this video again, but I think it references how some of the pedal power meters function. It's all a guess, but he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

bratz

by bratz

Awaiting delivery of the pedal.

Is it possibke to preset on Garmin 520/830 with 2 crank length on different ride profile? Or do I require to change manually when using the bike with longer/shorter crank arm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

bratz wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:34 am
Awaiting delivery of the pedal.

Is it possibke to preset on Garmin 520/830 with 2 crank length on different ride profile? Or do I require to change manually when using the bike with longer/shorter crank arm.

I don't think that's possible. You can set your Edge 830 to prompt for calibration when your PM first wakes up though, and then you can click on the gear icon to quickly enter the configuration page and change crank lengths.

bratz

by bratz

Cool...thanks Tobin. Will probably just set the different length on the 520/830 and keep the computer to the bike with the inputted length.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

For those that have bought the Assioma pedals from Favero directly, did you pay any duties/customs on the pedals, when they arrived at your place? Thinking about purchasing a pair of duos during their Black Friday sale. I'm located in Canada for reference.

Thanks.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Customs/duties were not a problem for me ordering directly, but I live in NYC. From all that I've read about Canada, they seem to be stricter and will more than likely nail you on fees more likely than not.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Vuong05 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm
For those that have bought the Assioma pedals from Favero directly, did you pay any duties/customs on the pedals, when they arrived at your place? Thinking about purchasing a pair of duos during their Black Friday sale. I'm located in Canada for reference.

Thanks.
I was not charged duties or customs when I purchased from Favero last year (to the USA). Very much a purchase I'd make again :thumbup:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

smeady

by smeady

Same story here for me, I ordered to the USA last year and had zero duties or customs fees to pay, the only cost was what I paid to Favero for the pedals.

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Customs/duties were not a problem for me ordering directly, but I live in NYC. From all that I've read about Canada, they seem to be stricter and will more than likely nail you on fees more likely than not.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Seems like everyone who purchased from the States, didn't get dinged for any Customs/Duties. Surely someone must have bought a pair from Canada, that can shed some insight?

Cheers.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Vuong05 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:11 am
Seems like everyone who purchased from the States, didn't get dinged for any Customs/Duties. Surely someone must have bought a pair from Canada, that can shed some insight?

Cheers.
You should be fine as they are coming directly from Spain in most cases. I believe that Canada has a deal with the EU to have free tariffs, don't quote me on that though

tylermenard

by tylermenard

Vuong05 wrote:

Cheers.
I'm from Montreal and bought a pair of Uno's in March of this year. Paid 98.41 CAD for "Import C.O.D. charges" to UPS.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

tylermenard wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm
Vuong05 wrote:

Cheers.
I'm from Montreal and bought a pair of Uno's in March of this year. Paid 98.41 CAD for "Import C.O.D. charges" to UPS.
Thanks tylermenard,

This was my fear. Anytime something gets shipped to Canada, via UPS, DHL, FEDEX, we get hit with these Duties/Customs fees. I'll contact Favero and see if they can ship the pedals via Poste Italiane instead.

Thanks.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

From US Customs and Border Protection-

Mailing and Shipping Goods - Customs Duty Guidance
Up to $1,600 in goods will be duty-free under your personal exemption if the merchandise is from an IP. Up to $800 in goods will be duty-free if it is from a CBI or Andean country. Any additional amount, up to $1,000, in goods will be dutiable at a flat rate (3%).

The limit was increased from $800 (or $1,000) to $1,600 during Obama era. I know few friends have been buying clothing items from UK and purposely keep them in seperate sub-$1600 orders.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Just confirmed with UPS and Fedex, expect an Import C.O.D fee of about $115 USD ($147.5 CAD), for a pair of Duo pedals shipped to Canada... I guess this makes the Black Friday sale not so good anymore. Lame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com