Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AZR3

by AZR3

markyboy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:06 am
AZR3 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:37 pm
You can set crank length using the Wahoo companion app. I just set it in both for peace of mind
Thanks for the info any ideal how its done?
Turn your Wahoo on, once your Wahoo is connected to your phone then in the companion app go to settings and then select senors. You can then select the pedals and there will be options to “forget” “rename” and “set crank length”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

TobinHatesYou wrote: ...there is a gulf between the $650 of the Assioma Duos and $1000 Vector 3s that can't be ignored...
The European price difference is a bit smaller. The Assiomas can be found around 680-700 euros, while the lowest prices for vector3 are less than 850 euros.

sennder

by sennder

MMW wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 am
Any thoughts about the assiomas vs vector 3’s now when garmin have solved the problems?
Are the Favero Assiomas more robust or durable?
One of the reasons I chose the Assiomas (besides the significantly lower cost) was the repairability of the pedals. The pedals can be easily disassembled for maintenance, and the bearings are user replaceable. Favero even sells a bearing kit for both pedals as well as individual pedal bodies on their website. ASAIK, both the Powertap P1/2 and the Garmin Vector 3 require you to send the pedals in for any pedal related repairs (may be mistaken about the Garmin but that's definitely the case for the Powertap).

--Sennder

markyboy

by markyboy

AZR3 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 pm
markyboy wrote:
AZR3 wrote:
You can set crank length using the Wahoo companion app. I just set it in both for peace of mind
Turn your Wahoo on, once your Wahoo is connected to your phone then in the companion app go to settings and then select senors. You can then select the pedals and there will be options to “forget” “rename” and “set crank length”
I am only getting 2 options,which is forget or rename nothing about crank length
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

AZR3

by AZR3

markyboy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm
AZR3 wrote:
markyboy wrote:
AZR3 wrote:
I am only getting 2 options,which is forget or rename nothing about crank length
Strange, I just checked it right now and this is what I see
Are both the Wahoo and companion app up to date?

markyboy

by markyboy

My sensor pedals are showing individually and not as duo,thats most likely why i only have only 2 options.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

MMW

by MMW

sennder wrote:
MMW wrote:
Any thoughts about the assiomas vs vector 3’s now when garmin have solved the problems?
One of the reasons I chose the Assiomas (besides the significantly lower cost) was the repairability of the pedals. The pedals can be easily disassembled for maintenance, and the bearings are user replaceable. Favero even sells a bearing kit for both pedals as well as individual pedal bodies on their website. ASAIK, both the Powertap P1/2 and the Garmin Vector 3 require you to send the pedals in for any pedal related repairs (may be mistaken about the Garmin but that's definitely the case for the Powertap).

--Sennder
Thanks.
But does that mean that if I crash, and the pedal gets messed up, I can change the pedal body?

Since I’m a bit concerned about crashing whit a pedal based power meter - that would be a huge plus in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

MMW wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm
sennder wrote:
MMW wrote:

--Sennder

Thanks.
But does that mean that if I crash, and the pedal gets messed up, I can change the pedal body?

Since I’m a bit concerned about crashing whit a pedal based power meter - that would be a huge plus in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my reasons as well to go for Favero's was user servicability.. Yes, if u crash u can change ur pedal body (and it's cheap), u can change bearings ur self, even sensors/battery (even this is expensive part for now)...

markyboy

by markyboy

All sorted now as i forgot both sensors then started from scratch all good now :D
Many thanks for your info
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

AZR3

by AZR3

markyboy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 pm
All sorted now as i forgot both sensors then started from scratch all good now :D
Many thanks for your info
:thumbup:

kervelo

by kervelo

sennder wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 pm
..both the Powertap P1/2 and the Garmin Vector 3 require you to send the pedals in for any pedal related repairs...
Garmin Vector 3 user manual contains instructions for the disassembly of the pedals. It does not say anything about replacing the bearings or pedal body, though. Even greasing the pedals seems to be more complex than with Shimano pedals.
http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Vector_3_OM_EN.pdf

jencvo

by jencvo

AZR3 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:40 pm
markyboy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:34 pm
AZR3 wrote:
markyboy wrote:

Strange, I just checked it right now and this is what I see
Are both the Wahoo and companion app up to date?
How do you connect those to your phone (iPhone by the looks of it) via ANT+?

AZR3

by AZR3

jencvo wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:21 pm

How do you connect those to your phone (iPhone by the looks of it) via ANT+?
That’s just a screen cap of the Wahoo companion app on my iPhone. They’re all connected through Ant+ to my Bolt but I do use Strava app to record heart rate and power with the DUOs, haven’t been able to get the Quarq Dzero to record to phone over Bluetooth with Strava app though, just an FYI but Quarq says it doesn’t work with iPhone 8 and newer iPhones.

tnkn

by tnkn

Does anyone else have an issue with the pods being larger than their crank arm. I’m worried that this will increase the likelihood of them getting damaged.

One bad corner and they could be taken out.

Im running Dura Ace 9150 cranks. 170mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

tnkn wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 am
Does anyone else have an issue with the pods being larger than their crank arm. I’m worried that this will increase the likelihood of them getting damaged.

One bad corner and they could be taken out.

Im running Dura Ace 9150 cranks. 170mm

It's very unlikely for the pod to get damaged before the pedal body itself. My Vector 2s had much more exposed pods and they never got damaged in a three crashes. The pedal bodies got scuffed up pretty badly on the sides, but they also survived.