Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

Why lame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Vuong05 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:02 pm
Just confirmed with UPS and Fedex, expect an Import C.O.D fee of about $115 USD ($147.5 CAD), for a pair of Duo pedals shipped to Canada... I guess this makes the Black Friday sale not so good anymore. Lame.

Blame Canada and its dumb brokerage fees. Maybe you can ask Favero to ship it to you via post, which avoids the fee.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Can you covert a Duo pedal set into two (2) Uno pedal sets by puchasing two extra dead pedals. Thanks for the help.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mnmasotto wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 am
Can you covert a Duo pedal set into two (2) Uno pedal sets by puchasing two extra dead pedals. Thanks for the help.

I don't think you can do this with Assiomas, but you can with 4iiii and Stages crankarms.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:55 pm
Vuong05 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:02 pm
Just confirmed with UPS and Fedex, expect an Import C.O.D fee of about $115 USD ($147.5 CAD), for a pair of Duo pedals shipped to Canada... I guess this makes the Black Friday sale not so good anymore. Lame.

Blame Canada and its dumb brokerage fees. Maybe you can ask Favero to ship it to you via post, which avoids the fee.
100% I blame Canada for their outdated brokerage fees. Favero will not ship the pedals via poste italiane, due to global logistics problems right now.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

micky

by micky

I have shipped via Poste Italiane to Canada very recently.
I even checked Poste Italiane updated page with the list of Countries were it's blocked the delivery due to covid, and there isn't Canada.

kevinw

by kevinw

mnmasotto wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 am
No, the right pedals do not work on their own - you always need a left pedal.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

On a related note about duty and VAT. If I get the Assiomas from LordGun, or Cicili Mattio, or another EU distributor will I need to pay VAT and Duty?

On the LordGun website it seems to say UK VAT is included, but has anyone ordered from any of these distributors to the UK and had it shipped without paying additional fees?
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

bratz

by bratz

Just bought this pedal off ChainReaction. Locally(part of Asia)anything above USD$290 will incur tax but I got lucky this time round. Probably came up to the same as buying directly off Favero+tax during their Black Friday sales.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Pretty excited to get these on BF for about 50% less than the Garmins. I have been using Powertap P1's for years and will now hand them down to my wife. Nice little weight savings as well.

My fitter suggested that I use long spindle SPD-SL pedals (before I went PM pedals). The Assimoas are 2mm more q factor than Shimano so can I just use a 2mm pedal washer on each to get that additional 4mm length from stock Shimano?

brentvelo

by brentvelo

I'm using Look Grey cleats with my Assioma pedals. They seem to have quite a bit of play back and forth when clipped in. Not just the normal heel float. I can literally movey shoes back and forth while clipped in. Is this normal and I'm just hyper aware of it now? If not is there a fix? I have the pedal tension pretty high, bit while clipped in I can move my shoes back and forth and hear it.

brentvelo

by brentvelo

Or is a little bit of back and forth play when clipped in normal and I've just never noticed it?

robertbb

by robertbb

I wouldn't use look cleats. I used look Keo Grips for my first year on Assioma's and ended up snapping the pedal body at the rear rocker. They are "compatible" but aren't the best option.

The Xpedo pedals are the best option if the float/stack can be made to work for you.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I didn't notice anything weird with KeO Grip cleats. Those are the only cleats I ever used with my Assiomas...both grays and reds.

brentvelo

by brentvelo

Yeah, I think there is just a little bit of back and forth play normally. I installed the Xpedo cleats and it's still the same. The one flaw with the smaller Look/Xpedo style cleat is that the shoes you mount them to can slightly deform the smaller style cleat and cause minor issues with interaction. This is one advantage of the much larger Shimano SPD-SL cleats I think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com