Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JoO

by JoO

I recently bought assioma's.
power is within 4 watts of my kickr core.
The spring tension is a bit to hard for me - even on lowest setting.
Perhaps it is due to using semi worn look keo cleats.
I might need to try the cleat that came with the pedals to see if this is better.

dricked

by dricked

I thought the same and it didn’t change anything except allow a bit more float.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sennder

by sennder

JoO wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm
I might need to try the cleat that came with the pedals to see if this is better.
I felt the same with the included xpeedo cleats. I found a "trick" on the slowtwitch forum that helped with the tension. Basically, loosen the tension adjustment bolt all the way, and then some (till it looses contact with the spring and starts sticking out of the back). Then, clip in and out a few times. Finally, tighten the tension adjustment bolt till it comes in contact with the pedal body. With that + brand new Look Keo grip cleats, these pedals don't feel much tighter than Ultegra pedals at just above the loosest setting.

Hope this helps!

--Sennder

fluoroller

by fluoroller

Got my FA pedals a week ago.
Installation was such a breeze. Literally went from opening the box to finishing set up within 10 minutes. Power reading has been consistent and reliable, and have found the cleat tension at its lowest setting similar to my Look Keo Blades (8Nm).

It's early days yet, but so far am really impressed with this power meter! Can't say the same for my mate who bought Vector 3s at the same time and has been having his power data freeze multiple times during a ride.

dricked

by dricked

sennder wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:15 am
JoO wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm
I felt the same with the included xpeedo cleats. I found a "trick" on the slowtwitch forum that helped with the tension. Basically, loosen the tension adjustment bolt all the way, and then some (till it looses contact with the spring and starts sticking out of the back). Then, clip in and out a few times. Finally, tighten the tension adjustment bolt till it comes in contact with the pedal body. With that + brand new Look Keo grip cleats, these pedals don't feel much tighter than Ultegra pedals at just above the loosest setting.

Hope this helps!

--Sennder
Excellent! Thanks for this

Atmos312

by Atmos312

Just got my Assioma Duos in the mail (first power meter!). Can't wait to try them out but it'll be a bit since it's still winter here in MA and I actually don't have shoes for them yet (current pedals/shoes are SPDs). Need to find some actual road shoes now (looking at the new Shimano RC701s which look good at a reasonable price).

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

So, Ever since the last firmware upgrade, and the time I switched off the pedals for travel, they have never been the same. Raised a ticket, and they gave me a special firmware. I still have the issue of the left [or sometimes the right] draining excessively.

They asked me to reset the pedals, and for the first charge cycle after that it was fine, and gave me 45 hours and was still showing yellow. But, after the second charge, again the left pedal is draining too fast.

Anyone else having this issue?

amngwlvs

by amngwlvs

A few pages back people were mentioning that they couldn't get both left and right pedal readings on a Bolt... Is this an issue with the Edge 520 or can the separate readings be read without issue?
2018 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2015 Giant Propel Advanced 2
2013 Trek 520

sennder

by sennder

amngwlvs wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:57 pm
A few pages back people were mentioning that they couldn't get both left and right pedal readings on a Bolt... Is this an issue with the Edge 520 or can the separate readings be read without issue?
Can't say for the 520 but I have no issues with the Assioma and the Bolt. Left and right pedals work properly (I get accurate L/R balance) There used to be an issue with incorrect average power being displayed on the Bolt but that was resolved around a year ago.

--Sennder

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Also Wahoo computers are capable of pairing over BT and will prefer that protocol unless a specific pairing sequence is used for ANT+. Unless you’ve switched to a single unified BT channel on your Assiomas, I could see that causing some confusion.

Rudi

by Rudi

amngwlvs wrote:
Do you mean you want to be able to see an actual xxx watts left, yyy watts right on the screen? Not sure I have seen that but I've not been looking for it either.

As sennder says above the L/R balance is fine, but it is showing you a 52/48% ratio, not 155W/145W. It is consistant with what I've seen on a Wattbike Pro.

Actually, you're asking if it can be done on a Garmin - sorry, no idea.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

amngwlvs

by amngwlvs

Rudi wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:05 pm
amngwlvs wrote:
Do you mean you want to be able to see an actual xxx watts left, yyy watts right on the screen? Not sure I have seen that but I've not been looking for it either.

As sennder says above the L/R balance is fine, but it is showing you a 52/48% ratio, not 155W/145W. It is consistant with what I've seen on a Wattbike Pro.

Actually, you're asking if it can be done on a Garmin - sorry, no idea.
No worries, bit of an absent minded post by me anyways becaue I could just go check on my Garmin after work. So, I went home and tinkered last night and you are correct, I can show L Balance, R Balance or both depending on how many sections I want on my display. Doesn't look like it would give me the 155w/145w though, which isn't really what I was worried with. More that I could at least show the balance and get some kind of input from both pedals but that seems easily set up on the 520.

...now I don't have the pedals to prove it works but it seems as though it should be fine. Thanks for the reply.
2018 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2015 Giant Propel Advanced 2
2013 Trek 520

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

Good thread to read through

I should be getting a pair of duos in the next couple of weeks, so can't wait to use them

3Pio

by 3Pio

deepakvrao wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm
So, Ever since the last firmware upgrade, and the time I switched off the pedals for travel, they have never been the same. Raised a ticket, and they gave me a special firmware. I still have the issue of the left [or sometimes the right] draining excessively.

They asked me to reset the pedals, and for the first charge cycle after that it was fine, and gave me 45 hours and was still showing yellow. But, after the second charge, again the left pedal is draining too fast.

I had similar issue, but in my case right one discharge quickly (so at least can switch to UNO version and finish the ride when is happen).. I also open the ticked, they request to reset, which i done.. Few months later same.. Now i got special firmware, and now im on second charge from then, still everything fine and they both discharge same for now...

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

3Pio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:58 pm
deepakvrao wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm

I had similar issue, but in my case right one discharge quickly (so at least can switch to UNO version and finish the ride when is happen).. I also open the ticked, they request to reset, which i done.. Few months later same.. Now i got special firmware, and now im on second charge from then, still everything fine and they both discharge same for now...
I goit that firmware too. 3.42 right? And worked for first charge cycle, now again an issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com