Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gravelginger77

by gravelginger77

does anyone know a release date of the rumored SPD compatible favero pedals? how do you think they will compare to garmin rally?

juanj

by juanj

gravelginger77 wrote:does anyone know a release date of the rumored SPD compatible favero pedals? how do you think they will compare to garmin rally?
I hope there will be news in a few weeks. I don't know how long I can wait to buy a powermeter.

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ccparkhill

by ccparkhill

Will these just be the exisiting spindles in SPD-SL bodies or a whole new product?

juanj

by juanj

ccparkhill wrote:Will these just be the exisiting spindles in SPD-SL bodies or a whole new product?
According to the leaked information, it will be a new spindle for SPD-SL bodies.

Lliones

by Lliones

Would anyone know if you can upgrade de UNO to DUO buying just the axle sensor spindle?
From the photos the pedal model looks identical.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lliones wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:35 am
Would anyone know if you can upgrade de UNO to DUO buying just the axle sensor spindle?
From the photos the pedal model looks identical.

You can.

ccparkhill

by ccparkhill

juanj wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 am
ccparkhill wrote:Will these just be the exisiting spindles in SPD-SL bodies or a whole new product?
According to the leaked information, it will be a new spindle for SPD-SL bodies.

Will they refresh the current Look-based pedals or are there no changes to the electronics?

juanj

by juanj

ccparkhill wrote:
juanj wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 am

Will they refresh the current Look-based pedals or are there no changes to the electronics?
There is no news of a refresh to the Look-based model.

juanj

by juanj

juanj wrote:
gravelginger77 wrote:does anyone know a release date of the rumored SPD compatible favero pedals? how do you think they will compare to garmin rally?
I hope there will be news in a few weeks. I don't know how long I can wait to buy a powermeter.

The new version of Assioma suitable for Shimano SPD-SL is not ready for sale yet. So while Favero completes the product, manufactures and distributes it, I think it's difficult that we can buy it before September. It's a personal opinion.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

SixThirteen wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:03 pm
Got the Assioma Duo. First up they read about 1% higher than my PowerTap hub.

Second I'm having issues with Torque Effect. On outdoor rides generally it records. On indoor rides it generally doesn't. Curiously on the TE section of Cycling Dynamics the field flick on and off every few seconds.

Got a ticket open with support.

Six13
Turns out there's a filed on Edge 530 where when it has detected a power meter with Cycling Dynamic, it enables that field. But somtimes its not sticky. I just enabled it and all good since.

I've no idea what to do with all the extra data though
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

pmprego

by pmprego

SixThirteen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am
SixThirteen wrote:

Second I'm having issues with Torque Effect. On outdoor rides generally it records. On indoor rides it generally doesn't. Curiously on the TE section of Cycling Dynamics the field flick on and off every few seconds.

Got a ticket open with support.

Six13
Turns out there's a filed on Edge 530 where when it has detected a power meter with Cycling Dynamic, it enables that field. But somtimes its not sticky. I just enabled it and all good since.

I've no idea what to do with all the extra data though
Actually nothing (imo)

usr

by usr

SixThirteen wrote:
How exactly do you think the powertap hub can guess your chain transmission losses? That's assuming that it even tries to calculate "watts reaching the crankset" instead of "watts reaching the freehub driver".

(OT: seriously, why did nobody ever do an "invisible" powermeter in the shape of an aftermarket freehub body back before pedals or "comes with the crankset anyways" became the norm? There's so much unused space in there!)
Sounds like an issue with the headset getting confused between Bluetooth and ANT+ (no cycling dynamics in Bluetooth). I guess your trainer is Bluetooth? Or it's an issue of the pedals getting confused serving both Bluetooth and ANT+ at once (when they are linked up to e.g. Zwift or GoldenC via BLE). Most of that stuff is running on a software component from the chip designer and those basics are rock-solid, but from what I remember from my little adventure in ANT+ programming I suspect that there might be a way to occasionallyskip the cycling dynamics part when getting distracted with Bluetooth.

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Is there any indication that Favero would launch pedals for mtb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

usr wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:52 am

(OT: seriously, why did nobody ever do an "invisible" powermeter in the shape of an aftermarket freehub body back before pedals or "comes with the crankset anyways" became the norm? There's so much unused space in there!)

Is this a joke? There's not that much room in a freehub. Most of it has to accommodate a 15-20mm wide hub axle. There's way too many freehub standards to accommodate, so you may as well make it all easier on yourself by making use of the entire hub. Voila, you've just invented the PowerTap rear hub.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petromyzon

by petromyzon

You can hack them together with Xpedo bodies now. It's not clear whether a Shimano spindle that was pictured would be compatible with PD-M540 but people are hopeful. Release date unclear. Apparently Favero are made in Italy and took a real hammering during the pandemic so maybe things have been delayed.

That market could do with some options. Apparently SRM are hard to get hold of and Garmin Rally seem to have sold existing stock pretty fast. Given that those two options are at the same pricepoint if Favero undercut them I'm sure they would have some good sales numbers on their hands.
Pukutis wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:16 pm
Is there any indication that Favero would launch pedals for mtb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk