Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Milese

by Milese

I did a Xpedo swap this weekend.

Picked the pedals up on ebay for £89 and they weighed 174g.

My right uno weighed 129g and the replacement 87g, so saved 42g on the right side.

The left side uno weighed 152g and with the replacement body weighs 145g, so another 7g, giving a total saving of 49g.

Not my best ever £/g but I've run out of the easy ones. I had expected to save a little more from the left side, is 7g difference in the pedal bodies normal?

Also noticed that the assioma end caps were a bit lighter, but didn't fit properly.

Still, its taken my Noah Fast disc under 7kg.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

Those are first first generation Xpedo bodies, first generation as in "those that came with Bepro and very early Assioma". They have a visible kink on the side where the front end of the metal plate is, clearly visible in your last picture. Most Assioma reviews you find online are this first version. On later Assioma, the plastic in front of the plate is a little wider, filling that kink into a smooth outline. This change must have happened at some point in time after review Assiomas went out to the usual suspects and before the "black springs" update (I got mine in the "no kink but still silver" phase). I also noticed that minor weight increase between "kink" and "wide" versions (broke one of my Bepro bodies), but I later wasn't quite sure if I really had all the bearings removed while weighing. I suspect that Xpedo switched to a slightly less capable plastic at some point, that required a thickness increase, or maybe they just enjoy making the world's most subtle "aero over weight" change.

dooglehead2

by dooglehead2

7g per pedal body by swapping to Thrust 8 bodies sounds similar to what I got. I don't remember what end cap I used, but I had to replace the oil seal with a couple of thin washers for everything to fit without crushing the bearings.

sinfjotli

by sinfjotli

gravelginger77 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:36 pm
does anyone know a release date of the rumored SPD compatible favero pedals? how do you think they will compare to garmin rally?
As a I mentioned in the Powermeters thread regarding the Assioma SPD-SL version, GPLama commented under his Garmin Rally video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bu2lVugKFg) that with the current pod design, adding the Shimano SPD-SL body would make the pedal very wide. I actually measured the Ultegra pedal body (PD-6800) and compared with Assioma, and indeed the resulting Q-factor of putting Ultegra pedal body on Assioma axle would be about 58mm (+-) compared to 54mm with Xpedo and 52mm on standard Shimano.

But maybe they will come up with a new design with a smaller pod?

jlok

by jlok

so... it's been very quiet, where's the SPD-SL Asssioma?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

C36

by C36

This is being launched in Ks

https://www.cycloptim.fr/kickstarter-english

“Expected” delivery Q4, axles that support changeable bodies Look / spd-l / mdt spd.

juanj

by juanj

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGVYzYAmrJ/

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

Just bought a set of Uno pedals and had no difficulty with the installation and activation. However whenever I try to calibrate the result is -1 not 0, tried the process 5+ times with the same result. What gives? Thanks,
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

mgrl

by mgrl

liam7020 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:27 pm
Just bought a set of Uno pedals and had no difficulty with the installation and activation. However whenever I try to calibrate the result is -1 not 0, tried the process 5+ times with the same result. What gives? Thanks,
What do you mean the result is -1?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mgrl wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:42 pm
liam7020 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:27 pm
What do you mean the result is -1?

The Assiomas report 0 for a successful zero offset and -1 for an error.

liam7020

by liam7020

Yes, thought that might be the story. I've been trying to contact Favero but their website seems to be down today. Any idea what the -1 error might pertain to?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

backdoor

by backdoor

liam7020 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:43 pm
Yes, thought that might be the story. I've been trying to contact Favero but their website seems to be down today. Any idea what the -1 error might pertain to?
Have you tried resetting the pedals?
Through the Valleys and over the Mountains...
2013 Ridley Helium - 6.9Kg
2017 Blue ProSecco - 9.0Kg
2018 Ridley Noah SL - 7.85Kg

liam7020

by liam7020

Just a quick update. I tried to calibrate the pedal with the Garmin 830 a few more times but without success. So I unpaired them, re-paired them and the calibration worked immediately. Job done, thanks for the comments.

Chaunch

by Chaunch

I am considering purchasing the Duo's. I appreciate all of your insight here, but easy (for me) to get lost in some of the details. Looking for an accurate, simple and reliable power meter. Would you all purchase the Assimoa again? Or would you go with a crank based power meter or a different pedal system? Thanks!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com