Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Mine have been flawless! :)
:beerchug:

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Thanks for the link AZR3!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

FLtrooper wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 pm
Mine have been flawless! :)
So have mine! There have been several slowtwitch users that have switched from Vectors to the DUOs and have been very happy after numerous issues with Garmin customer service and waiting for full replacements units or parts. The DUOs have been solid right out of the box, so pleased with them and hope more people buy them so we can get an even lighter V3 at some point. Great product and great customer service
Monkeyfudger wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:46 pm
Thanks for the link AZR3!
:thumbup:

robertbb

by robertbb

Another advantage of the design is that the smarts are inbound - next to the crank. If you crash, the expensive bit isn't likely to be damaged in any way. And replacement pedals are actually very reasonably priced from Favero too.

These things have a cult following, for good reason!

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

I updated the firmware and performed a calibration test before going for a ride today. I noticed the power appears more consistent with my indoor Cycleops Hammer. Before the update, it always appeared the Assioma power was consistently slighlty lower.

Or better yet, I’m getting stronger! Haha

:)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

FLtrooper wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:53 am
I updated the firmware and performed a calibration test before going for a ride today. I noticed the power appears more consistent with my indoor Cycleops Hammer. Before the update, it always appeared the Assioma power was consistently slighlty lower.

Or better yet, I’m getting stronger! Haha

The Hammer is inaccurate.

In more detail, it's power curve drifts with higher wattages, starting around 260-280W. The drift at 280W might be 3-4%, but by 1200W mine is around 15% off. An 1130W effort on my Vector 3s ended up being 1320W on the Hammer yesterday.

In short, how close an accurate power meter tracks with a Hammer depends on how often you hit higher wattages. A steady effort of 180W and the Hammer will match the Assiomas within a watt or two. At 300W steady, it might be 5% off. If you do a workout with frequent sprint efforts and lots of rest, the average power might be within a 3%, but the normalized power might be 6-7% off.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I've had a problem when I've tried to update a firmware from 2.06 to 3.00 when my pedals have died and they've entered the bootloader mode (well, at least one of them). The restore didn't really work, I just kept seeing the same message. I've reinstalled the app and it didn't help. I've messaged Favero on Facebook telling them about the issue and providing screenshots from my phone (LG V30). I've found somewhere in their FAQ message saying to try using a different phone. I've booted my old Nexus 5 and the update went well on the first try.

After that they work just fine, just like they always did. I really appreciate all the updates the Favero's been doing (first the one improving the accuracy in May, now the travel mode). I feel like we've been blessed with great after sales and customer services.

I have around 5000-6000km on my DUO's and never had any issues with them. The readings are super consistent and the battery lasts for a really long time. Glad I didn't wait for the Vector 3 to sort out their issues, I've became tired with the excuses.
Attachments
Assioma app error message
Assioma app error message

3Pio

by 3Pio

Ok, here it is a problem again.

Last charge i had about 1000 km, and about 50 hours on both pedals.

But after last charge, after only 3 rides (250 km), and and about 10 hours of riding, right pedal is draining faster rate then left one again (right pedal is half battery drained allready), left one is ok.

I contacted Favero support, so we'll see how they will solve the problem.

Another thing that not working is travel mode. I just tested (i upgraded both firmware to 3.0 and also app on my Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 Tablet, also trying with Xiaomi Redmi 3S ), and i expected as soon as i activated the pedals to be turned off, and to be able to power them on to have to switch pedals to charger.

But after Enable travel mode, pedals keep beeing active when i spin them few rotations, or trying to find them trought the app.

Maybe the battery drain i have is software bug .....

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Just recently got my Favero Duo and it's been amazing. Only got two rides on them for a total of about 5 hours of use. The app is showing about 90% battery life, which seems in line with their 50 hour claimed battery life. No issues updating to the latest fimrware and connecting with my phone or Wahoo Bolt. The simple calibration done before each ride is quick to do as well.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

grymg

by grymg

10 months in....

And mine are still running perfectly. I'm about to throw away the box now. Some of my friends opted for the Garmin but I couldn't stomach the $1K cost so "settled" with the Faveros. Good battery life (have to charge once every couple months), the power is seen on my Garmin instantly as I start getting on the road, (faster than seeing my HRM or phone). Low battery life indicator is set at 25% so still have plenty of ride left in case I forget to charge. I had a couple pedal strikes while cornering but luckily only superficial damage, no funny numbers as a result. Also through two firmware updates no problems at all. I switch between two sets of shoes, one with the stock cleats and another with Look Keo cleats. I have found that the stock cleats go in/out a lot tighter than the Keo cleats but have never unclipped accidentally either. You just have to find the in-between spring setting for both types. One thing I haven't done is run these in the rain, but I don't plan to as they are on my #1 bike while the rain bike gets the powerpod.

teleguy57

by teleguy57

grymg wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:47 am
10 months in.... One thing I haven't done is run these in the rain, but I don't plan to as they are on my #1 bike while the rain bike gets the powerpod.
Would like to hear your opinion on using the Powerpod vs the Assiomas. I'm running a PP and still wonder about the accuracy when I know that drops vs hoods and pedaling downhill can affect the results...

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

3Pio wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:59 pm
Ok, here it is a problem again.

Last charge i had about 1000 km, and about 50 hours on both pedals.

But after last charge, after only 3 rides (250 km), and and about 10 hours of riding, right pedal is draining faster rate then left one again (right pedal is half battery drained allready), left one is ok.
Hi,

Same issue here, with the left pedal. Twice it has drained MUCH faster than the right, and yes, travel mode is inconsistent for me. Once it worked, and the other time that I tried it, only one pedal switched off.

Both the times I had left pedal drain was after I had tried the travel mode. Will test now without touching that travel mode.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181025-090048_Assioma.jpg

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Mine have still been great. The only problem I have noticed is that after changing the crank arm size to 170 it always seems to be 175 the next time I check it?

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

FLtrooper wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 am
Mine have still been great. The only problem I have noticed is that after changing the crank arm size to 170 it always seems to be 175 the next time I check it?

Are you talking about the assioma app? Your headunit over rides the assioma app, so that may be it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

deepakvrao wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:46 am
FLtrooper wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 am

Are you talking about the assioma app? Your headunit over rides the assioma app, so that may be it
Bingo... I need to change the crank size on my Garmin.