Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sadisticnoob

by sadisticnoob

Boshk wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:24 am
Hi guys, I was thinking about the single sided Assioma too but there's one comment here about it not fitting to Campy Chorus (2015+) crank.

Anyone use or know whether there is a problem with the pod vs crank arm?
im awaiting my order from powermeter24, its been roughly 6weeks wait now. will take picture with the crank arm when it arrives

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Greatwhite7 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:46 am
I have the vector 3 and am having trouble connecting them to the garmin app.
Mine connect (Huawei phone). Selected Vector 3 from compatible devices list (under Others), woke the sensor by turning the cranks and entered the code which is laser etched on the pedal spindle.

For cleats I use the red ones that came with the pedals. Compared to Durace they feel easier to clip-in but also somewhat vague, probably from the extra float. Walking is a bit more slippery, and also they seem slightly more dirt-sensitive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

sadisticnoob wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 am
Boshk wrote:
Hi guys, I was thinking about the single sided Assioma too but there's one comment here about it not fitting to Campy Chorus (2015+) crank.

im awaiting my order from powermeter24, its been roughly 6weeks wait now. will take picture with the crank arm when it arrives
Guess there's high demand for single and duo versions

3Pio

by 3Pio

Boshk wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:43 pm
sadisticnoob wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 am
Boshk wrote:

Guess there's high demand for single and duo versions
I just got mine.. As i can see (still did not tried, just install them), no interference with Campagnolo crankset (i have Record 2015+). Maybe 1-2 mm, but nothing that will make any problems..

ImageImageImage

grymg

by grymg

Been running my DUO for a couple weeks, I love them. No rubbing of the pods with my shoes at all. The flashing lights are pretty cool.
My first choice were the Vector 3's but couldn't justify the $999 price tag. Ended up getting these for $640.

I don't think I could recommend getting an UNO.
My L/R is 40-60 below 200W. Then gets closer to 50-50 as I go towards 300W.
So if I was only using an UNO then my power would be reported 10% off for most of my ride.

I regularly use both the supplied cleats and Look Keo gray cleats with no issues clipping in or out. I did find that the stock cleats are a little heard to clip in and out though.
Attachments
IMG_0079 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0080 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0089 - Copy.JPG

Leviathan

by Leviathan

sorry, where did you get the DUOs for 640 $. Great price!

grymg

by grymg

Leviathan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm
Clevertraining, VIP sale.

Boshk

by Boshk

grymg wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:48 am
Leviathan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm
Clevertraining, VIP sale.
That’s an amazing deal. That’s similar to some single side crank arm meters...

silvalis

by silvalis

There's a cyclingweekly review of these pedals

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/po ... ter-pedals?

They highlighted a few usablity issues with the pedals - the tension screw being a bit crap and the pedals not weighted and hanging correctly. Has anyone found these issues too?
Chasse patate

akafinto

by akafinto

Felt like an overly harsh review to me - almost as though they wanted to find fault with the product. Not sure what Favero's ad spend is with CW vs. say Garmin, but maybe that's me being cycnical.

I've had a set of Assiomas for 3-4 months now & can wholeheartedly recommend them. The three reasons I went for them over the Vector 3's were:
1. Availability
2. Price
3. Often overlooked - the Vectors require the use of a pedal spanner to fit, whereas the Assiomas can be fitted using an allen key (one less tool to carry when travelling)

As for the negatives in the review, I had to adjust the pedal tension for my left foot (I unclip to the left at lights), but once adjusted it's been fine. I've not noticed too many issues with the pedal weighting - always managed to clip in without too much drama!

AZR3

by AZR3

I had a similar pairing issue initially but once I figured that out (took about 5 min on my first ride with them....should have done a test ride after I set them up, lesson learned) it’s been smooth sailing ever since. I’ll also echo the tension adjustment the review brought up, bit of a pain as it’s not as precise as I’d like it but it doesn’t impact usability once you’ve adjusted it. I’ve never had an issue with how the pedals hang or a failed attempt to clip in resulting in the pedal spinning around multiple times, at least not any more than any other pedals I’ve owned so that part of the review I’d ignore.

Another thing to point out is the user serviceability of the Assioma. There is a thread on slowtwitch from a PowerTap P1 owner who was complaining of his bearings going out and PowerTap only offers a 6 month warranty on them and charged him $250 to service them. Favero sells bearings ($41 for both pedals) and even complete pedal bodies with bearings and associated hardware for $62/per pedal and there is no need to send them out for service. Owners can swap bearings or pedal bodies on their own. That’s a huge plus for me!

Im not sure which parts you can change on the Vectors, if any, yourself but that’s another plus of the Assioma’s

Here’s the link to the thread about the P1s

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowt ... /#p6557211

3Pio

by 3Pio

silvalis wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am
There's a cyclingweekly review of these pedals

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/po ... ter-pedals?

They highlighted a few usablity issues with the pedals - the tension screw being a bit crap and the pedals not weighted and hanging correctly. Has anyone found these issues too?

I have the Favero Duo for 6 weeks..

No problems with connection (connection to Garmin Edge 520, to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 trough Ant+ and TrainerRoad, MacMini with ANT+ (or Bluetooth), also for TrainerRoad).

I agree it's a bit of a problem pedal spinning when u try to clip in (if u miss the clip in, pedal spin very smooth and easely so it can spin few turns, so u have to look at the pedal..). But this is not dramatic.. I also had issue to look at the pedal also with Look Keo Blade Ti which i used before (except they dont spin that good as Favero's. Favero have smoother bearings..)

Also i agree that the tension screw is not very precise, but definetely not a problem or dramatic ...

Im very satisfied overall, and dont regret for buying.. Battery last ages, good platform for pedaling, no problems with Power values.. No any problems actually (except small negative mentioned issues, which are not a problem at all). We can comment about them if we have to find some negative side...

I appreciate easyness of servicing and cheap spare parts, and the fact that is not needed to send them to Favero for replacing spare parts...

ianrobo

by ianrobo

I am desperate :-)

I had to replace my vector 1 and these are highly rated by DC Rainmaker that it became a no brainer.

No issues with the power meter at all but the cleats ....

Firstly my look ones never worked at all, tried their Xpedeo and clips in but despite losening the tension I have had massive problems clipping out leading to two topple overs !!

so I unclip on the left and normally would twist out to the outside but takes a lot of effort to release, is it simply lessen the tension even more ?

Any ideas please about this because I need to get this sorted for a long ride on Sunday ! I can see the previous posts about the tension screw but a problem.

I presume the clip out and clip in methods are the same as normal for Look ?

TIA

3Pio

by 3Pio

ianrobo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 pm
I am desperate :-)

I had to replace my vector 1 and these are highly rated by DC Rainmaker that it became a no brainer.

No issues with the power meter at all but the cleats ....

Firstly my look ones never worked at all, tried their Xpedeo and clips in but despite losening the tension I have had massive problems clipping out leading to two topple overs !!

so I unclip on the left and normally would twist out to the outside but takes a lot of effort to release, is it simply lessen the tension even more ?

Any ideas please about this because I need to get this sorted for a long ride on Sunday ! I can see the previous posts about the tension screw but a problem.

I presume the clip out and clip in methods are the same as normal for Look ?

TIA
I never tried XPedo cleats, and im using my original Look cleats (Non-Grip, just regular version, gray ones) which i have for about 3000-3500 km (dont know if the fact they are a bit worn out help for easier uncliping).

Anyway, i lessen the tension screw almost all way (i unscrew until i noticed no pressure on the spring, and then back just a little to just tuch the spring).

This way it's just a bit harder to unclip compared to my 12nm Look Keo Blade 2 Ti, but nothing scary even in heavy traffic in the city.

For clipping heel out way, i almost cant feel the difference compared to my Look pedals. The main difference i can notice is if u try to unclip heel in, then it's very hard to unclip (on Look is same effort heel in, or heel out). But i almost never unclip this way, so it's not a problem for me.

Positive thing with Favero's vs my Look Blade 12nm, is the more secure feeling while pedaling.

Hope i helped

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hyvent

by hyvent

i use my Favero Duo's wit the Look Keo Grip cleats. Clips in and out with no problem. I do have some squeaking from the cleats and metal plate of the pedals.