Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

3Pio wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 am
r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:Any updates on longer term use of the Assioma pedals?

Has anybody had to use washers between the pedal and crank arm? I recall some manufacturers strongly advise against using washers with their carbon cranks.
I have about 4000 km trouble free on mine..Still going strong.I will say stronger than me since i broke my wrist last week :(
1000km on mine, including a trip o/s to the Giro. No spacer required for Campy cranks.

Hope you recover soon 3Pio!

3Pio

by 3Pio

robertbb wrote:
3Pio wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 am
r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:Any updates on longer term use of the Assioma pedals?

Has anybody had to use washers between the pedal and crank arm? I recall some manufacturers strongly advise against using washers with their carbon cranks.
I have about 4000 km trouble free on mine..Still going strong.I will say stronger than me since i broke my wrist last week :(
1000km on mine, including a trip o/s to the Giro. No spacer required for Campy cranks.

Hope you recover soon 3Pio!
Thanks :) Two weeks after crash i started riding on trainer.Hope to be back on bike outside in month from now...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

Ok, after about 5300 km on pedals, i got first problem. Two days ago, on the ride there was a storm with a lot of rain... Everything perfect...

But after that ride, today, i got message middle ride that battery is empty (and i have about 150 km since last recharge, and ussualy i have about 900-1000 km with one charge cycle, so i was a bit suprised, and just ignore it, specially that when that message show it supposed to have at least 8 hours of battery lasting...)

After 1 hour from that message, and short break for an icecream :), cadence was lost (it will sjow every 15 sec, but wrong numbers), and also power....

I connect trough my phone to pedals (using Favero app), and Left pedal was ok (battery on the level supposed to be), right pedal not found... I just switch to left pedal mode and got again cadence/power, and now charging right one.... So will update later if it's dead, or just battery drain (very strange that happened because of 15 min rain).

dtwolfen

by dtwolfen

I have had a similar experience and I wrote favero about it. Basically told it was out of warranty. So now I just ride with the left pedal power and will one day take right one off and replace with a lighter alternative.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

dtwolfen wrote:I have had a similar experience and I wrote favero about it. Basically told it was out of warranty. So now I just ride with the left pedal power and will one day take right one off and replace with a lighter alternative.

Did they explain why out of warranty? Mine are 7 months since buying so i expect to have warranty... Will update later, in this moment im out of home and i leaved pedal on charger. While charging i tried to search for pedals and this time both found and i paired them again.So hope its not dead.

Can u please share more details? Are u able to find right pedal while on charger and are u able to pair them (while on charger)?

dtwolfen

by dtwolfen

Yes the pedals work just fine as far as communicating with and providing readings. The battery just dies usually within an hour of starting to ride. The battery level never shows above 25 percent.

3Pio

by 3Pio

dtwolfen wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:29 pm
Yes the pedals work just fine as far as communicating with and providing readings. The battery just dies usually within an hour of starting to ride. The battery level never shows above 25 percent.

Seem that im lucky, i just checked and the pedal is 100% charged. Tommorow will test them.. BTW, i still wondering, why Favero told u that is out of warranty.. Model is less than year old, so it must be under the warranty.

Hope they dont ruin the good product with lack of warranty and support...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Perhaps he has the older BePro model?

3Pio

by 3Pio

In meanwhile, i put both pedal on charger for few hours and yesterday i had a long ride, so proper test for them (200 km ride). I checked both pedals before the ride, and after the ride, and there was no strange numbers during the ride, and everything normal. Also after the ride, battery level same on both pedals, and before ride both pedals full charged according to the app.

Also i contact Favero's support just when i had problem, and they respond very quickly and very detailed. Also they are able to check sensor data from connecting to Favero App, and for now seem that they have really good support. They checked data from yesterday ride and confirmed me that everything normal, but we arrange to make detailed test of the battery's, so i'll do it this days just in case (they ask me to do specific procedure for that). But after yesterday ride, i dont believe there will be problems again soon. All this make this pedals definetely best buy in Power Meter world.

I'll update if there is some problems again and how will be solved...BTW in this moment i have 5700 km on those pedals....

robertbb

by robertbb

New software (app and firmware) just released by Favero. Includes:

1) A "calibration button" to perform manual zeroing directly from the app. Essential if you don’t have a bike computer.

2) A "Travel mode" to manually turn off Assioma in air travel or shipping.

3) Customization of the stand-by timeout. Function suggested by the triathlon community to be able to perform a manual zero offset before parking the bike in the transition areas.

4) Extend Apps Compatibility - Assioma DUO is now able to send data of both pedals to Bluetooth smartphones and tablets through a single unified channel. This solution ensures the widest compatibility with training apps and games.

Added to already existing accuracy within +/- 1%, support for oval rings, rechargeable....... these really are way above the other pedal offerings.

robertbb

by robertbb

Double post.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

So close to buying a set of Assiomas...

3Pio

by 3Pio

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 am
So close to buying a set of Assiomas...
I update yesterday mine pair (now firmware is 3.0), and also updated Favero app. All good for now, i appreciate their Travel Mode in new version and like the fact that they have nice support and listen their customers. Had a short test ride (today will have longer ride), no problems after the update.

When i was buying them, i was seriosly thorn between Garmin Vectors and Faveros and glad that i decide to go for Favero. 6500 km on mine for now....

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I’m tempted by a pair of these to swap between the track and crit bike but I’m concernerd about bearing longevity/replacement, I’m assuming bearing replacement at home is a no go?

Also, I’ve never actually managed to wear a set of cleats out on a pair of pedals before the bearings felt ropey until Speedplay, can they be regressed in a Speedplay stylee?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:39 pm
I’m tempted by a pair of these to swap between the track and crit bike but I’m concernerd about bearing longevity/replacement, I’m assuming bearing replacement at home is a no go?

Also, I’ve never actually managed to wear a set of cleats out on a pair of pedals before the bearings felt ropey until Speedplay, can they be regressed in a Speedplay stylee?
https://cycling.favero.com/faq-assioma

You can service the bearings yourself. Since they measure power at the spindle you can swap the bearings or even the entire pedal body without effecting or needing to have it recalibrated. With the PowerTap P1 or Vectors you have to send them in for service.

So glad I decided to go with the Assioma’s