Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gplama

by gplama

madik wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:01 pm
So the additional Q factor of +12-13 mm is for each pedal, so effectively legs will be 24-26 mm more apart?
Yep. And it's a show stopper for me. I've thrown up my take on YouTube on these with footage of the difference in stance-width and cornering clearance. It's significant on a road bike and a change I won't be sticking with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mgrl

by mgrl

+1 to the disappointed crowd. My duos continue to serve me well, and it looks like they'll continue doing so.

JayDee81

by JayDee81

gplama wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:20 pm
madik wrote:
So the additional Q factor of +12-13 mm is for each pedal, so effectively legs will be 24-26 mm more apart?
Yep. And it's a show stopper for me. I've thrown up my take on YouTube on these with footage of the difference in stance-width and cornering clearance. It's significant on a road bike and a change I won't be sticking with.
I am just waiting for someone to calculate the change in aerodynamic drag caused by the wider q-factor. :D

Oh and what about possible compatibility with SPD (off-road) pedal bodies?

madik

by madik

Cornering clearence is far from beying an issue for me. I am more worried about difference in pedaling style between 2 of my bikes which one would have different Q factor and the other normal. I could get probably Dura Ace pedals with wider Q factor to decrease the difference on my first bike with crank based system.
Gonna most likely jump on the new favero's as I already have 105 pedal bodies on my 2nd bike where I want power meter. Garmin are too expensive unfortunately to consider them.
*Shimano SPD-SL fanboy smiley*
Functionality > Performance > Weight

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

madik wrote:
Seams to me like big deal breaker. But it's similar to overall Q factor used on MTBs right? I don't ride MTBs tho. But what I remember the bigger Q factor wasn't something I was able to tell..
yep....10mm for each pedal....20mm total

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

All this trouble just so you can use Shimano cleats. Don’t understand why people think Shimano cleats are so different to Look. Don’t get it at all. I’ve used both Look and Shimano cleats and to me it’s basically a change of colour on the bottom of your shoes. Otherwise pretty much the same. I’m a current very happy Assioma user with Look cleats and wouldn’t change just so I can get yellow Shimano cleats on my shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmprego

by pmprego

cunn1n9 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:11 pm
All this trouble just so you can use Shimano cleats. Don’t understand why people think Shimano cleats are so different to Look. Don’t get it at all. I’ve used both Look and Shimano cleats and to me it’s basically a change of colour on the bottom of your shoes. Otherwise pretty much the same. I’m a current very happy Assioma user with Look cleats and wouldn’t change just so I can get yellow Shimano cleats on my shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've used them both also and the shimano ones are easier to walk in. But if riding shimano would be such a big deal I'd just have moved to crank based power and get a pair of shimano pedals.

Maddie

by Maddie

I was really looking forward to this. But for very obvious reasons, it's a no for me. I think I could have accepted up to 3-4mm more q-factor per side. But 13mm, 26mm in total? Really?! Pffhh...

bikerdan

by bikerdan

Same here. Was ready to order today...so guess it'll be Rally RS200s then. Hmm

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

madik wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:57 pm
Cornering clearence is far from beying an issue for me. I am more worried about difference in pedaling style between 2 of my bikes which one would have different Q factor and the other normal. I could get probably Dura Ace pedals with wider Q factor to decrease the difference on my first bike with crank based system.
Gonna most likely jump on the new favero's as I already have 105 pedal bodies on my 2nd bike where I want power meter. Garmin are too expensive unfortunately to consider them.

2deg difference in lean angle is huge for anyone who competes, so while it’s not a huge deal for you it is for others.

botacalor

by botacalor

very disapointed. will search a sell-out of garmin vector 3...

3 months waiting for this!

madik

by madik

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:31 pm
madik wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:57 pm

2deg difference in lean angle is huge for anyone who competes, so while it’s not a huge deal for you it is for others.
Are we talking about crit racing? Or for what other competition is it important?
In normal world where I live and ride bikes is inside leg up while cornering so no pedal surface contact is possible. Therefore no issue unless fixie riding..
Can't really imagine more than 1% of people doing crit fixie racing. And these people can buy something more suitable for there niche needs.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

corky

by corky

My knees thank me for not buying these......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

madik wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Are we talking about crit racing? Or for what other competition is it important?
In normal world where I live and ride bikes is inside leg up while cornering so no pedal surface contact is possible. Therefore no issue unless fixie riding..
Can't really imagine more than 1% of people doing crit fixie racing. And these people can buy something more suitable for there niche needs.
Normal crits on city streets with crowned paving, sharp corners, u-turns, etc. The less coasting I do, the lower my VI. I softly pedal strike quite often in downtown crits even with 165mm cranks.