Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

tleo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:02 pm
Somebody captured this at their website.

ac457e5382161b020e25b2172eb8e3915e034240.png
Looks like that (Assioma Duo-SHI) implies these are an entirely new system and that it won't apply to current Assioma's...
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

JMeinholdt wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 pm
tleo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:02 pm
Somebody captured this at their website.

ac457e5382161b020e25b2172eb8e3915e034240.png
Looks like that (Assioma Duo-SHI) implies these are an entirely new system and that it won't apply to current Assioma's...

Yes, because the spindles are entirely different...

Stormtrooper

by Stormtrooper

Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on these pedals yet. Will wait for these so that I won't have to buy Look style cleats for all my shoes.

gerryc89

by gerryc89

I am in exactly the same boat! Glad to hear this, will wait it out and see.
Stormtrooper wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:52 pm
Glad I haven't pulled the trigger on these pedals yet. Will wait for these so that I won't have to buy Look style cleats for all my shoes.

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

I really don’t understand why people feel there is such a difference between Look cleats and Shimano cleats and that somehow Shimano are so much better and this is a game changer. To me they are basically the same. Speedplay are different but these two are basically same same. Please tell me why (to be clear I’m talking about the cleats not the pedal bodies/bearings which can obviously be better)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

handler

by handler

cunn1n9 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm
I really don’t understand why people feel there is such a difference between Look cleats and Shimano cleats and that somehow Shimano are so much better and this is a game changer. To me they are basically the same. Speedplay are different but these two are basically same same. Please tell me why (to be clear I’m talking about the cleats not the pedal bodies/bearings which can obviously be better)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%

bjarnetv

by bjarnetv

At least for me, shimano cleats are just way easier to clip in.
I really dont have to aim - just move the foot somewhere in the general direction of the pedal and in it goes
with the assiomas, it wont click in 40% of the time, and i will usually hit some sort of spot where it feels like it should, but it just wont.
they are also worse to walk on ;)

Its not the biggest problem if you live somewhere where you dont have to unclip all the time, but since i live in the middle of a city, there is a lot of stoplights and traffic to manouver through at the start and finish of every ride.

(FIY, i have assiomas on my main bike, but shimano on my old crusty winter bike, and on a couple of steel bikes)

pmprego

by pmprego

It's not a game changer but the clipping and walking are clear wins for shimano system. Maybe the lower stack but we are talking very small differences here.

RDY

by RDY

I wish Favero would just offer replacement spindle sets for popular pedal systems ... Shimano, Look, Time etc.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

What going to be pretty annoying about this is that they will probably only offer them for the sinlge bearing design (ultegra and below) instead of 2 different skus. Obviously this is just pure conjecture but kinda sucks for those of us that already have DA pedals....

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Write up on the Shimano SPD-SL variant over at CyclingTips: https://cyclingtips.com/2021/02/leaked- ... ter-pedal/

petromyzon

by petromyzon

I'd be particularly keen for a set of SPD spindles - cheap set of M520s and off you go. Surely the MTB market is ripe for the picking right now?

My Assiomas have got better with time but I still by far prefer SPD-SL on the road side.

EDIT: on Cyclingtips they state that the M540 would have the correct spindle design, at least externally, and they are going to check whether this would be interchangeable with Ultegra.
Last edited by petromyzon on Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

splzd

by splzd

petromyzon wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 am
I'd be particularly keen for a set of SPD spindles - cheap set of M520s and off you go. Surely the MTB market is ripe for the picking right now?

My Assiomas have got better with time but I still by far prefer SPD-SL on the road side.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Compatibility with SPD would be great.

jencvo

by jencvo

For any user running Assiomas on road and SPD MTB pedals on gravel, I'm curious how different your saddle height is? I'm having a hard time figuring out the stack height differences to get the same fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rubik

by Rubik

cunn1n9 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm
I really don’t understand why people feel there is such a difference between Look cleats and Shimano cleats and that somehow Shimano are so much better and this is a game changer. To me they are basically the same.

This is like saying two handlebars are the same. Or two saddles are the same.

Some people will be happy with whatever. Others have very real preferences.