Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The main benefit with Shimano cleats for me was that yellow cleats in particular were easy to target the front loop in the pedal body...and the walkability. The tripod nature of the SPD-SL cleats means the part that interfaces with the binding is less likely to get damaged while walking. The rubber grip on KeO cleats also likes to partially detach from the cleat and cause clip-in issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brentvelo

by brentvelo

It just seems weird that the cleat moves back and forth while clipped in. Same with the Xpedo cleats that came with the Assioma pedals.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

Had a weird experience with my pedals there yesterday, about two hours into the ride we stopped for coffee, when i restarted the ride, pedals just read 0 watts after the coffee stop and nothing for the last two hours, tried reconnecting but they still read nothing seem to be working again fine now? any ideas?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:17 am
Had a weird experience with my pedals there yesterday, about two hours into the ride we stopped for coffee, when i restarted the ride, pedals just read 0 watts after the coffee stop and nothing for the last two hours, tried reconnecting but they still read nothing seem to be working again fine now? any ideas?

Was it an extremely cold ride?

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:32 am
Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:17 am

Was it an extremely cold ride?
Not really, 4 degrees c was the minimum

MackanG

by MackanG

Aerohead23 wrote:Had a weird experience with my pedals there yesterday, about two hours into the ride we stopped for coffee, when i restarted the ride, pedals just read 0 watts after the coffee stop and nothing for the last two hours, tried reconnecting but they still read nothing seem to be working again fine now? any ideas?
Garmin headunit? If Garmin, did the headunit enter sleep mode during coffe stop?

usr

by usr

MackanG wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Garmin headunit? If Garmin, did the headunit enter sleep mode during coffe stop?
A repeated nuisance with the old Bepro, but I don't recall ever getting that problem with Assioma. Perhaps I don't make enough coffee stops on the Assioma-equipped bike to notice? Thinking back to pre-pandemic times, not really.

Aerohead23

by Aerohead23

MackanG wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Aerohead23 wrote:Had a weird experience with my pedals there yesterday, about two hours into the ride we stopped for coffee, when i restarted the ride, pedals just read 0 watts after the coffee stop and nothing for the last two hours, tried reconnecting but they still read nothing seem to be working again fine now? any ideas?
Ive a wahoo. and it was just paused.

Have read a few issues on the web now about it being the Wahoo is the problem not the Assiomas . seems to be common on the wahoo and the karoo, that they stop looking for the pedal essentially.

kilo

by kilo

Does anyone know if the assioma duo-shim works with the xtr pedals?

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

Aerohead23 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 pm

Ive a wahoo. and it was just paused.

Have read a few issues on the web now about it being the Wahoo is the problem not the Assiomas . seems to be common on the wahoo and the karoo, that they stop looking for the pedal essentially.
I had this with my Assiomas. Do they talk to the Wahoo in Uno mode? Mine did, and it was a sign that the right hand spindle/sensor was dying. Favero were pretty good and send me out a new spindle/sensor after about 3-4 emails back and forth with their tech guys, and I got the new piece in about 10 days iirc.

Jwoodward

by Jwoodward

Anyone know of the lightest compatible cleats that work well with the Faveros? I think the lightest are the E-ARCR2 but happy to hear differently

kilo

by kilo

I heard that favero is preparing to release the pedals for xco\gravel bikes, I hope it's true

kilo

by kilo

I heard that favero is preparing the launch of the xco\gravel pedals, I hope it's true

gplama

by gplama

Firmware 4.80 has just landed for everyone with Assiomas. Quick video on the update (with a thin change log) here:

tothemax

by tothemax

Have had my Assioma's for 4 years, and finally got around to replacing the pedal bodies.

Major Kudos to Favero for creating a product that you can self-service, relatively cheaply and quickly. 80,000km on these pedals and still works flawlessly!

(Image: Worn vs new pedal bodies)
https://imgur.com/gallery/6Yka0yW
Last edited by tothemax on Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com