Cervelo Carbon Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

notaero

by notaero

Hi all, I'm looking for some more information on this product (my LBS cannot source it just yet). I'd like to see some detail on the top cap Di2 hole - my idea is to enlarge this slightly and run a hydraulic brake hose through here then down the top of my steerer tube next to the star nut down to the disc brake.
Unfortunately there are no photos showing the hole and I can't determine if I can fit the hose through here. My R3D (original model) fork allows the hose to run through the fork leg and out the steerer tube unobstructed.
The questions i need to answer are, can the hose handle the tight bend radius at the top of the steerer? (my garage test indicates it will do so with out kinking).
Is the groove in the top cap large enough to fit a 5.4mm diameter hose (or do I need to modify it)
What does the carbon stem weigh in 110mm ?
I'd appreciate if anyone who has access to this stem could take some photos.

modcon

by modcon

notaero wrote:Hi all, I'm looking for some more information on this product (my LBS cannot source it just yet). I'd like to see some detail on the top cap Di2 hole - my idea is to enlarge this slightly and run a hydraulic brake hose through here then down the top of my steerer tube next to the star nut down to the disc brake.
Unfortunately there are no photos showing the hole and I can't determine if I can fit the hose through here. My R3D (original model) fork allows the hose to run through the fork leg and out the steerer tube unobstructed.
The questions i need to answer are, can the hose handle the tight bend radius at the top of the steerer? (my garage test indicates it will do so with out kinking).
Is the groove in the top cap large enough to fit a 5.4mm diameter hose (or do I need to modify it)
What does the carbon stem weigh in 110mm ?
I'd appreciate if anyone who has access to this stem could take some photos.
Did you find an answer to this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

notaero

by notaero

Hi Modcon,
Unfortunately no answer yet - but I'm almost certain that some dremelling will be required to provide adequate clearance.
Let me know if you find out any information too.

vroom34

by vroom34

Curious if you managed to stealth those cables through the carbon stem?