Jagwire elite link brake cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ran

by ran

sorry to resurrect an old post, but Chris or anyone else above, did routing the whole way end up having any issues with the braking over time? and would the link housing fit straight into shimano brake bodies? i run di2 so no need for shifting cables. also is there a documented weight saving per 10cm of cable somewhere? thanks, first post!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Erwin

by Erwin

Good first post, but unfortunately no answer! I am actually asking me the same questions. Perhaps I can answer them at the end of the day. ;-)

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

You have to use the steel braided bends they give you under the bars to the brakes or shifters if you want to have set and forget type situations. I just recabled my new brakes and shifters with liner all the way through from shifter to derailleur and brakes and there is zero binding when using the steel bends. the bends have the liner so its pretty much a closed system. The small weight saving is not worth the frustration of any kinks in the housing if you dont use the bends and have to take everything apart and retape the bars...