Sram Etap compatability

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

I thinking of getting sram etap I have a fuji SL frame thats running shimano.
the BB for this frame is a PF30, but I can't see any options for PF30 on the Star Bike website?

should i just buy a separate BB for it that is PF30 or will BB30 fit the frame?

Chris3g

by Chris3g

The same crankset works with both BB30 and PF30 bottom brackets, however you really don’t need to change the crankset at all to run etap, you can use it with your Shimano crankset if it’s 11 speed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Allen254

by Allen254

Chris3g wrote:The same crankset works with both BB30 and PF30 bottom brackets, however you really don’t need to change the crankset at all to run etap, you can use it with your Shimano crankset if it’s 11 speed.

thanks for that response, also I do want to run the sram crankset so would I have to change the bottom bracket ignorer to run the sram crankset?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Allen254 wrote:
Chris3g wrote:The same crankset works with both BB30 and PF30 bottom brackets, however you really don’t need to change the crankset at all to run etap, you can use it with your Shimano crankset if it’s 11 speed.

thanks for that response, also I do want to run the sram crankset so would I have to change the bottom bracket ignorer to run the sram crankset?

If you want the Red crankset, I would personally go with the GXP version and get the appropriate bearings or conversion BB. That's just my preference vs getting a BB30 Red crankset. Since you're running Shimano, you already have an incompatible 24mm adapter or bearing set in there. Technically you could get a 1mm sleeve for the NDS bearing (and maybe a washer) and it would be GXP compatible too.

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

You should just buy a Sram PF30 bottom bracket separately from the group and the BB30 Sram crankset will work perfectly with it. This will be a lighter and stiffer set up compared to the GXP counterpart.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

1415chris

by 1415chris

Why would anybody go for much heavier crank and use 24mm spindle on the 30mm bb shell?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

1415chris wrote:Why would anybody go for much heavier crank and use 24mm spindle on the 30mm bb shell?

Compatibility should he ever want to swap the crankset to, say, a BB90, BB86, BBRight, English threaded, etc. frame.

Allen254

by Allen254

JoeFlan wrote:You should just buy a Sram PF30 bottom bracket separately from the group and the BB30 Sram crankset will work perfectly with it. This will be a lighter and stiffer set up compared to the GXP counterpart.

thank you I think I found the answer I was looking for. so just get a sram pf30 BB and call it a night lol

eforce123

by eforce123

weightweenies not compatibility forum haha

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com