Wahoo KICKR trainer issues. Read if you use Campagnolo!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

bikerjulio wrote:@ajs proposed a conversion cassette which may be the simplest solution for you. It's a Campy-spaced cassette with Shimano splining.

IRD is another reputable manufacturer

I have looked at several online from
Different makers. They all show as “out of stock” or backordered

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

dgasmd wrote:
I have looked at several online from
Different makers. They all show as “out of stock” or backordered

Yes I see what you mean. I guess these have become obsolete.

Then you are back to using a Shimano cassette, and if not happy with indexing then go with the Shiftmate I suggested earlier.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

[emoji1417][emoji36]

AJS914

by AJS914

The obvious solution is to spend another $1500 on a new Super Record group and go 11 speed. :-)

glepore

by glepore

I have a miche campy conversion cassette somewhere, believe it to be 11-25. Yours for postage if you want (and I can find). PM me . I bought it to use on a wheel for computrainer use but the shimano setup worked well enough and I never switched.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

basurper

by basurper

Use the shimano cassette. Most likely only the 2 lower cogs that will not align. I'm pretty sure you won't use that cogs on the trainer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Pierrotdu37

by Pierrotdu37

Hello! a little late on this topic, but i intend to purchase a new Kickr Core (or a used Kickr "classic"). I could fund it since I sold my Synapse, full SRAM, but now I'm left with my last bike only, equipped with a 12s Record group, long cage RD, 11/32 cassette.
Do you know if any compatibility of my setup is possible today with either of the previously cited models, or any smart trainer in the 800-1000€/$ range?

paul64

by paul64

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:26 pm
The obvious solution is to spend another $1500 on a new Super Record group and go 11 speed. :-)
Or buy a cheap Shimano/SRAM £500 bike and turbo trainer tyre if it's dedicated to indoor use

Pierrotdu37

by Pierrotdu37

I know your reply was not directed towards me but i've just sold my synapse 2011 full Sram Apex to fund the H.T, and now I can see there's no option on the Kickr Core for a Campy 12S cassette, and the Tacx NEO cannot accomodate a long cage derailleur :( I'll have to see if something in possible with Elite Drivo or ....

Edit: on DCR review a user of a SRAM 10X50 MTB user posted this pic of a Drivo v1

It must be a very long cage, but could it be OK for the new Record 12s?