What Happened to Over Torque?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roel W

by Roel W

Do you really need that tool? I can buy a used 2017 Potenza cranckset for a reasonable price. I'm considering replacing my 2014 Athena cranckset for this one. However the dissambly may be impossible without the tools?
Last edited by Roel W on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attermann

by Attermann

Potenza has nothing to do with over torque, potenza is power torque, and there where some talk about it being made in ultra torque, three different axle type, so no

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I can buy one easily as well of a distibrutor of such things and not graeme you wont find it online but that where calling a campagnolo freindly shop helps.

JD Whiskers carries good stock of campag parts and tools. this is who I go too.

Miller

by Miller

Attermann wrote:Potenza has nothing to do with over torque, potenza is power torque, and there where some talk about it being made in ultra torque, three different axle type, so no

Potenza is PT, yes (except see next comment). Assembly needs a 14mm hex, disassembly requires pulling off the LH crank with a pulling tool. This latter point has been the trigger for much interwebz angst.

Potenza HO, for the disc groupset, is, interestingly for Campag nerds, made with a UT spindle. 10mm hex for assembly/disassembly.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Miller wrote:Potenza is PT, yes (except see next comment). Assembly needs a 14mm hex, disassembly requires pulling off the LH crank with a pulling tool.

The Potenza groupset has the only crankset following the newer Power-Torque+ standard which finally is self-extracting similar to GXP and others.

Miller

by Miller

Good point. The interwebz can finally relax.

Attermann

by Attermann

so it's only the HO versions that's ultra torque?

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Miller wrote:
Attermann wrote:Assembly needs a 14mm hex, disassembly requires pulling off the LH crank with a pulling tool. This latter point has been the trigger for much interwebz angst.

We've all got a 14mm hex lying around.

Miller

by Miller

We don't, no, but 14mm turns out to be an automotive size, look for a sump plug key on ebay, they're cheap.