Pro Vibe Seatpost w/ di2 battery

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

raggi

by raggi

Just got a Pro Vibe carbon seatpost and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the di2 battery inside of the post, and the manual for there don't seem to be any instructions available.

I have a Ritchey seatpost collar thing for di2 batteries which I used with a Specialized seatpost but that doesn't fit with this one, and this one also claims to have "di2 battery integration", so I assume I don't need anything extra to mount it..

Anyone have experience of using this post and can share some tips?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Dude just wrap it in bar tape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

salesguy

by salesguy

Totally agree, bubble wrap or tape is so simple, rattle free. The hardware these things come with are complicated and unnecessary.

Just be careful to leave 1/2 the battery sticking out of the seatpost, you don't want it to get stuck way up in the post.

raggi

by raggi

Valid points, that would probably be a problem using the Pro seatpost though, since it has a very narrow opening.

But I was overcomplicating the installation a lot. It's really simple using the plastic and washers supplied with the battery itself. Black plastics around the battery, and then washers+circlip under the battery to hold it up into the post.

salesguy

by salesguy

Negative, I have one and it was fine. Just use a small amount of tape/foam/etc to wedge it in there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raggi

by raggi

Alright.