Campag reach adjustments for small hands

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Guys, I’ve just built up my girlfriends bike with campag chorus and she’s having trouble reaching the brake lever whilst in the drops as her fingers aren’t quite long enough, there doesn’t seem to be any reach adjust in the lever (2015 model year), do you know of any shims or hacks to bring the levers closer to the bar?
Last edited by bikewithnoname on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

You're probably looking at a bar change, or adjusting the position of the ergo on the bars :/
AFAIK you can still only extend the reach not reduce it.
It's why traditionally women and campag dont mix.
Official cafe stop tester

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Not the answer I was hoping for but thanks. I was hoping there might be some sort of shim or block that might stop the lever returning all the way into the hood (hard to explain what I mean)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Shimano levers have adjusting screw to minimize the reach for different hand reach. Not sure about campagnolo.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Ironbarista

by Ironbarista

I remember reading about someone building up the area at the top of the brake lever with epoxy. Maybe give it a try.

*edit-found this. https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f ... 18009.html

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks! This might just work, I’ll give it a try

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

2017 Campagnolo doesn't have reach adjustment either. Even with the most accommodating bar and careful lever placement your girlfriend will not be able to reach the levers from the drops. I can palm a basketball and I was shocked at reach with the levers in a reasonable position. I could just get my first knuckle on the levers. The lack of adjustment is unforgivable.

I have seen a few hacks. Both involve building up the plastic notch where the brake release pin contacts. I have seen it done with epoxy and also once seen a tiny screw screwed into the plastic notch to keep the lever from fully returning. Both a total bodge IMO.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com