Tarmac SL6, Madone 9, F10, or SLR01 Disc...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Seedster

by Seedster

Sell the wheels and get the Madone or F10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Seel the wheels and go for the F10 with Bora's.
I wonder why nobody mentioned this earlier ;-)

MRM

by MRM

TonyM wrote:
MRM wrote:(...)
I'd go for the Dogma F10 if I were you. I recently rode one and it is really nice. Control Tech and PRO now as well afaik have brought out stem handlebar combos that are completely internal with no visible cables (on disk brake bikes). So you should be able to build up a Dogma F10 disk without visible cables and keep the visual aesthetic of the Venge Vias. That is what I intend to do down the road as well.
(...)

Do you mean that the brakes lines and Di2 cables will be fully integrated in the bar/stem combo and they will be "less" visible or do you mean they will completely disappear like on the BMC SLR01 disc or the Giant propel (the disc brake and Di2 cables are all running inside the bar, then the stem and then inside the head tube so that no cables at all are visible) ?

Completely invisible on a disk brake bike (like Venge Vias or BMC SLR01 disk).

TonyM

by TonyM

MRM wrote:
TonyM wrote:
MRM wrote:(...)
I'd go for the Dogma F10 if I were you. I recently rode one and it is really nice. Control Tech and PRO now as well afaik have brought out stem handlebar combos that are completely internal with no visible cables (on disk brake bikes). So you should be able to build up a Dogma F10 disk without visible cables and keep the visual aesthetic of the Venge Vias. That is what I intend to do down the road as well.
(...)

Do you mean that the brakes lines and Di2 cables will be fully integrated in the bar/stem combo and they will be "less" visible or do you mean they will completely disappear like on the BMC SLR01 disc or the Giant propel (the disc brake and Di2 cables are all running inside the bar, then the stem and then inside the head tube so that no cables at all are visible) ?

Completely invisible on a disk brake bike (like Venge Vias or BMC SLR01 disk).

Wow that would be nice. But I am not sure that the F10 frame allows this actually. In this case the brake and Di2 cables would have to go either behind the stem in the frame (Giant Propel disc) or in the headset tube (SLR01 Disc). Even in the official picture of the release of the F10 disc you can see the brake and Di2 cables entering the frame in the top of the fork and in the top of the down tube.
https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/gear-new ... BovFr3U.97

Do you have any picture of this F10 disc without any visible cables?

MRM

by MRM

No I haven't tried it. The cables would route through the bars into the stem and then through the head tube and then the fork. You would skip the designated entry via the fork. This isn't a Pinarello official release. Would be just a way to build it up and would need to be extensively tested if the cable routing hampers steering. I think it would be fine though.

I haven't tried it myself yet, since the bar/stem combos had not been released at the time of my test ride.