BBinfinite bottom bracket insert.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Post Reply
axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

What do you think about that for cannondale caad7 bb30.?
https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb3 ... mm-spindle
Thank,s

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

Nobody ?

by Weenie


User avatar
bikerjulio
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: Welland, Ontario

by bikerjulio

The linked PDF says it's for a 46 mm PF30 shell, which makes sense. But not what you need.

If it really presses a sleeve into a 42 mm BB30 shell then the bearings would have to be tiny.

I suggest you contact them to clarify.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

digitalnorbs
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:49 pm

by digitalnorbs

If you aren't 100% sure, send them an email. They are really good at getting back to their customers.
I had a question about Caad 12 BB and they got back to me within the day.

Hope this helps you a little

norbs

uraqt
Posts: 826
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:53 am

by uraqt

I think I read an interbike/eruobike article about somebody machining the outside of the bearing down to fit..

C


User avatar
bikerjulio
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: Welland, Ontario

by bikerjulio

so @uraqt has the answer!

So my comments would be:

It's really expensive.

The bearings are custom, so the whole thing will need to be replaced in the event of a bearing problem.

Their shell is really thin at the ends where the bearings reside - 0.75 mm according to that article.

OP do you really want to run a BB30 crank?

Have you been running one on that bike and have had problems?

edit.

Just one other thought. And this is only based on what I've read about these. But you are press fitting an alloy sleeve into an alloy shell, and one concern has been that over time these get bonded together and make removal pretty difficult. When Cannondale was routinely pressing BSA sleeves into their BB30 frames, their removal was not considered an easy or hazard-free process.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

bikerjulio wrote:The linked PDF says it's for a 46 mm PF30 shell, which makes sense. But not what you need.

If it really presses a sleeve into a 42 mm BB30 shell then the bearings would have to be tiny.

I suggest you contact them to clarify.

Hi , I know that , my frame is caad7 BB30 42mm NOT pfbb30, the question was what you do you mean about BBinfinite module BB30 for this bike ,OR better replace bearings every year ?
Thank,s :beerchug:

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

bikerjulio wrote:so @uraqt has the answer!

So my comments would be:

It's really expensive.

The bearings are custom, so the whole thing will need to be replaced in the event of a bearing problem.

Their shell is really thin at the ends where the bearings reside - 0.75 mm according to that article.

OP do you really want to run a BB30 crank?

Have you been running one on that bike and have had problems?

edit.

Just one other thought. And this is only based on what I've read about these. But you are press fitting an alloy sleeve into an alloy shell, and one concern has been that over time these get bonded together and make removal pretty difficult. When Cannondale was routinely pressing BSA sleeves into their BB30 frames, their removal was not considered an easy or hazard-free process.


Hi, Y run bb30 crankset since 2007 on this bike and just craking once, grease phil wood on the wheel contct , and after removing bearings ,re.grease and re-instal the SAME bearings : result no cracking at this time. so what is better :BBinfinite or new bearings every 5000 kms for exemple ¿ :beerchug:

User avatar
bikerjulio
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: Welland, Ontario

by bikerjulio

axiom wrote:Hi, Y run bb30 crankset since 2007 on this bike and just craking once, grease phil wood on the wheel contct , and after removing bearings ,re.grease and re-instal the SAME bearings : result no cracking at this time. so what is better :BBinfinite or new bearings every 5000 kms for exemple ¿ :beerchug:


It's your choice.

Me, given that it is a relatively trouble-free BB30 setup, I would stay with the stock bearings.

There have been many, many threads over the years on the best BB30 installation techniques. Retaining compound for the outer race and grease for the spindle seems to be the preferred way.

CAAD7 is a nice frame. Those early CAADs are surprisingly good. I have a CAAD5 myself.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

bikerjulio wrote:
axiom wrote:Hi, Y run bb30 crankset since 2007 on this bike and just craking once, grease phil wood on the wheel contct , and after removing bearings ,re.grease and re-instal the SAME bearings : result no cracking at this time. so what is better :BBinfinite or new bearings every 5000 kms for exemple ¿ :beerchug:


It's your choice.

Me, given that it is a relatively trouble-free BB30 setup, I would stay with the stock bearings.

There have been many, many threads over the years on the best BB30 installation techniques. Retaining compound for the outer race and grease for the spindle seems to be the preferred way.

CAAD7 is a nice frame. Those early CAADs are surprisingly good. I have a CAAD5 myself.

thank,s for all , and for you what are the better bearings not ceramic but steel for this bb , Hawkracing ,or other?
merci
Last question if you have to choose bbinfinite vs cannondale adapter bb30/bsa what will be your choice? ( is for other bike ) for the caad7 I think I still with the original stock
thank,s
Chris
Spain

User avatar
bikerjulio
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: Welland, Ontario

by bikerjulio

the original bb30 to BSA is still the best IMO.

Image

http://www.wiggle.com/fsa-bb30-conversion-kit/
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

bikerjulio wrote:the original bb30 to BSA is still the best IMO.

Image

http://www.wiggle.com/fsa-bb30-conversion-kit/

Yes but is from FSA
here the Cannondale

https://r2-bike.com/CANNONDALE-Adapter-BB30-to-BSA-45g
in other bile also bb30 I would like to go to bsa threaded because I have some Campy square taper bb record and chorus with brand new PhilWood square bb so I can go with the cannon , , .You ? :beerchug:

User avatar
siauragama
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:33 am

by siauragama

I've been running BBInfinite module (for Ultra-Torque cranks) with my CAAD10 for a couple of years now - had to reinstall the shell a couple of times due to it getting loose and starting clicking. Not a big deal, but still could not justify that as trouble-free setup. Going back to standard BB30 bearings with BB30 spindle now.

axiom
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: South of Spain.

by axiom

siauragama wrote:I've been running BBInfinite module (for Ultra-Torque cranks) with my CAAD10 for a couple of years now - had to reinstall the shell a couple of times due to it getting loose and starting clicking. Not a big deal, but still could not justify that as trouble-free setup. Going back to standard BB30 bearings with BB30 spindle now.


Thank,s Very good info , I think I go to this
https://r2-bike.com/CANNONDALE-Adapter-BB30-to-BSA-45g
If someone with negative feedback about , keep good bearings ( brand ) ? with retain commpound.
Many tank,s :beerchug:

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post