Campy EPS ergo shifter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bourquek

by Bourquek

Hi guys, can someone please tell me the type of wrench I need to tighten an EPS ergo shifter?? Mine keeps sliding downwards on my aluminum bars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommasini

by tommasini

Mechanical and EPS are both a T25 Torx nut. Best done with a t handle style.

solarider

by solarider

From my experience even tightening them very snug they can still slip on certain bars if the diameter/bend is not just so. I have had to shim the clamp with a few strips cut from a drinks can (coca cola seemed to work for me!). Not something I have had to do on the same bars with SRAM or Shimano, so there must be something a little bit esoteric about the Campagnolo Ergopwer shape at the bar. Worked perfectly after that without risk of stripping the bolt.

avispa

by avispa

I don't think your problem is with the EPS Shifter! Your problem may be with the handlebars you use. I was helping a friend that has SRAM eTap and the same kept happening to him. He has an FSA bar... I forget model now!

The problem is that some handlebars are thinner in the curve than some shifters will tighten to. The way we resolved this was by inserting a small piece of tin (a shim) from a beer can on each of the lever rings. It's tight and snug... But if you are a big guy and likes to hold on to your levers hard, I'd consider looking into a handlebar that has wider area in the curves.

..A..